"Spiked Shield" item passive?

For Bard's Tale IV gameplay-related discussion. May include gameplay details and spoilers.
MMOtte
Initiate
badge image for 3rz1is.png

I'm trying to play around with the gear options a bit, and I was wondering on the "big" shields, with the Spiked Shield passive. What exactly does this do?

It says it does damage when your shield "breaks", but I am unsure what this "breaking" refers to.

I tried seeing if it meant when your Deflect stance ends, and in that case it would have to be if it ends via Mental Damage, because I didn't see anything?

Alternatively, is it related to the Shield Wall skill from "Shield: Master"? I haven't tried that out yet, since the tooltip doesn't exactly sell me on its usefulness.

And in this case, I am baffled why the Spiked Shield didn't simply describe it as dealing damage when your "Shield Wall breaks", which is specific, rather than when your "shield breaks", which is vague.
Drool
Forum Moderator
badge image for 5p2s6t.png
badge image for ijw2ib.png

I believe your shield breaking references when you take enough damage to overcome the shield, so when the icon goes away. I'm not positive though, it's been awhile since I played.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Return to “The Bard's Tale IV: Gameplay Discussion”