Battle for Steeltown Scrapyard Cutscene Glitch

Forum for reporting Bugs in the PC version of Wasteland 3. Please refer to our stickied Bug Forum guidelines before posting.
FYKC
Acolyte
badge image for wl3badge.png

I just finished the fight with the Ghost Gang in the Scrapyard after receiving the mission to go there.

I left the scrapyard to go heal at the Employment Screening Center.

When I returned to the Scrapyard "arena" where the Ghost Gang was, the camera suddenly zoomed to a downed enemy who was sitting on the ground holding their side like it was a cutscene but then nothing happened. The camera just sat focused on this dude that I had I just defeated in battle minutes earlier and the game was totally locked up. I had to force quit the game with Alt-f4.

I'm on Windows 10 playing the Steam version.
FYKC
Acolyte

I want to add that I just had to replay through that particular fight again as the only save was from before and as soon as I finished it a second time, the screen went black and there was a single voice line that played and then nothing. The game locked up on that black screen. However, I could tell my button inputs were being recognized as I could hear various menus opening and closing as I hit hotkeys, so it appears some kind of "blackout" overlay related to cutscenes is stuck on screen.

Unfortunately I'm not sure I really want to do that fight again for a third time. Hopefully this issue is looked at soon. As it stands it appears I cannot progress in the expansion any further because of this glitch.
FYKC
Acolyte

Third attempt at the fight: I'm getting pretty good at it now, but the game still gets stuck with a black screen.

After the fight, a cutscene triggers. I can hear the dialogue audio play and I can even make dialogue choices using the keyboard, but I cannot see anything happening on screen. I managed to get through the dialogue and I assume back to regular gameplay because I could hear the journal opening and closing when I hit the hotkey, but apparently saving doesn't work, because hitting f5 did not create a quicksave.

I'm going to have to do this fight at a minimum a fourth time, but I can't even do that right now because the expansion is totally busted. I literally cannot progress any further at this point, the game I paid money in order to play won't let me play it.
frozyx
Adventurer

FYKC wrote: June 12th, 2021, 8:12 am Third attempt at the fight: I'm getting pretty good at it now, but the game still gets stuck with a black screen.

After the fight, a cutscene triggers. I can hear the dialogue audio play and I can even make dialogue choices using the keyboard, but I cannot see anything happening on screen. I managed to get through the dialogue and I assume back to regular gameplay because I could hear the journal opening and closing when I hit the hotkey, but apparently saving doesn't work, because hitting f5 did not create a quicksave.

I'm going to have to do this fight at a minimum a fourth time, but I can't even do that right now because the expansion is totally busted. I literally cannot progress any further at this point, the game I paid money in order to play won't let me play it.
You dont have to fight these guys. If you go there later after you found out about Blue, you can have a short conversation before they disappear with smoke grenades.
FYKC
Acolyte

Must be another glitch then. I already found out about Blue. This is me coming back later and I'm still forced into a fight. They don't talk, they attack. Maybe some condition flag wasn't set or something.

Return to “Wasteland 3: PC Bug Report Forum”