UI and Icon Meanings Guide

For all Bard's Tale IV discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

paulkardos
Initiate

UI and Icon Meanings Guide

Post by paulkardos » March 17th, 2019, 7:59 am

Not sure if this is the proper place to ask, but I cannot for the life of me find any reference to what some of the icons in this game stand for. I understand spell points, for example, but when a character has enough to cast a spell (achieved through meditation or passive perks or Bard song or whatever), why do some cast immediately while others wait until the following turn? Does that have anything to do with "Channel +1"? I see a reduction in Channel as one of the skills in the skill tree, but what does that actually do? Another example is when a pop up message box for an item or spell has a circular arrow with a number inside. I assume this is the cooldown, but I'm not entirely sure? These are just a couple of examples of things I haven't figured out. In-game descriptions probably tell all, but there's nothing in the manual, searching online has been an effort in futility, and I cannot seem to figure it all out. Can anyone point me to a comprehensive guide which explains all of these intricacies? Thanks!

Dork Mage
Scholar

Re: UI and Icon Meanings Guide

Post by Dork Mage » March 18th, 2019, 3:43 pm

paulkardos wrote: ↑
March 17th, 2019, 7:59 am
Another example is when a pop up message box for an item or spell has a circular arrow with a number inside. I assume this is the cooldown, but I'm not entirely sure?
Yes
paulkardos wrote: ↑
March 17th, 2019, 7:59 am
Does that have anything to do with "Channel +1"?
Yes.

Some abilities state they are "battle ready" which means they are available as soon as you start battle.

paulkardos
Initiate

Re: UI and Icon Meanings Guide

Post by paulkardos » March 18th, 2019, 7:23 pm

Perfect! Thanks for taking the time to answer my silly questions. At least now I know how to figure out what to expect!