StarCrawlers by Juggernaut Games

For general discussion of inXile and our games.

Moderator: SagaDC

SagaDC
Global Moderator

StarCrawlers by Juggernaut Games

Post by SagaDC »

I'm gearing up for the full release of StarCrawlers tomorrow. Backed it during the original Kickstarter Campaign in 2013, so I'm stoked to see it finally coming out.

It's essentially a blobber in space, with dungeon crawling through derelict spaceships and corporate buildings. There's an overarching storyline involving a political struggle between various megacorporations, but it also allows for infinite procedural missions for those who just want to enjoy some casual adventuring.

Not much to say beyond that. It's not the deepest game, but it's one I'm sure I'm going to have a lot of fun with.

http://starcrawlers.com/
Crosmando
Supreme Jerk

Re: StarCrawlers by Juggernaut Games

Post by Crosmando »

Yep, I'm ready to play it. Didn't play it during early access.
Matthias did nothing wrong!
IHaveHugeNick
Master

Post by IHaveHugeNick »

Oh, thanks for update!
Two rite whiff care is quite a feet of witch won should be proud.
Crosmando
Supreme Jerk

Post by Crosmando »

Are you playing this IHaveHugeNick? Do you know why it is that the Hacker's "Overclocking" ability always targets a specific person rather than being able to choose who it's cast upon?
Godfather101
Explorer

Post by Godfather101 »

I'm playing it, but only can guess why.
Perhaps a Bug.
Perhaps its meant to be random.

Only thing i can think of is, ask in the Steam forum.
The Dev seems to answer some questions there now and then.
Crosmando
Supreme Jerk

Post by Crosmando »

To be perfectly honest, I got bored with this game, like mind-numbingly bored (and this is coming from someone who never got bored of Wasteland or Bard's Tales with their million random encounters). I'm not exactly sure what is was, whether it was the simplistic character systems (no attributes or non-combat skills, each class only has a few abilities even "spellcasters"), the claustrophic lack of open-ness and linearity (again, I'm not expecting open-world), the MMO-inspired combat system and itemization, or maybe it was all of them.

EDIT: That said I have almost finished it, maybe it's me being a completionist is what the problem is, as I did every side-mission I could get, and it burned me out.
SagaDC
Global Moderator

Post by SagaDC »

I do really like the game, and I think it's very good for such a low-budget indie title, but I'll admit that it gets very "grindy" at a certain point. I noticed that during the Early Access, too, but I was hoping they'd find a way to minimize it. Guess it still ended up making it into the final product.

There are still some small but annoying bugs in there, too.

But overall, I think I've definitely gotten my money's worth. I've already beat the main campaign once, and I'm currently debating whether or not I want to play through it a second time so I can go for one of the other endings.
kilobug
Adventurer

Post by kilobug »

I finished yesterday evening, and I liked it. There are lot of nice things in it, especially for such a low budget game, I especially like the variety of abilities each class has and how they can combine with each other.

But it's true the fights get a bit repetitive after a while, I would have preferred less fights but each fight a bit harder to compensate. But than that's true to me in many games, not specific to this one.

Return to “General Discussion”