What after 3.25$? Maybe Wasteland 1 remake 3.50$ or 4$!?

Discussion about the upcoming Wasteland 3!

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

MihaLbl4
Initiate

What after 3.25$? Maybe Wasteland 1 remake 3.50$ or 4$!?

Post by MihaLbl4 » October 22nd, 2016, 2:28 pm

Privet from Moscow, Russia! :D I'm big fan Wasteland franchise and post apo settings and I was very happy when I learned about Wasteland 3!!!

Anyway, maybe DLC (addon) for Wasteland 3? Maybe for Wasteland 2? I never played in a Wasteland 1, had only seen on Youtube and was very glad to play Wasteland 1 to Unity. Plunge into the prehistory the Wasteland.

Sorry, i was writing through Google translator :)

marceror
Adventurer

Re: What after 3.25$? Maybe Wasteland 1 remake 3.50$ or 4$!?

Post by marceror » October 22nd, 2016, 3:36 pm

I *REALLY* doubt there will be any stretch goals related to Wasteland 1. The game they are currently trying to make is Wasteland 3, so the stretch goals will be only related to that game.

Greetings from the USA. There's very small chance our countries will become very good friends soon. :)

MihaLbl4
Initiate

Post by MihaLbl4 » October 23rd, 2016, 1:00 pm

marceror wrote:I *REALLY* doubt there will be any stretch goals related to Wasteland 1. The game they are currently trying to make is Wasteland 3, so the stretch goals will be only related to that game.

Greetings from the USA. There's very small chance our countries will become very good friends soon. :)
I hope! =)

Anyway, if this idea will support many people, developers can be indicate the amount to achieve this goal ;) Do this for 4 million funding or $5 million or... Release remake of cours after Wasteland 3. As a addon or dlc.

P.s. Sorry, i was writing through Google translator :)

Jozape
Explorer

Post by Jozape » October 24th, 2016, 11:57 am

MihaLbl4 wrote:Privet from Moscow, Russia! :D I'm big fan Wasteland franchise and post apo settings and I was very happy when I learned about Wasteland 3!!!

Anyway, maybe DLC (addon) for Wasteland 3? Maybe for Wasteland 2? I never played in a Wasteland 1, had only seen on Youtube and was very glad to play Wasteland 1 to Unity. Plunge into the prehistory the Wasteland.

Sorry, i was writing through Google translator :)
Privyet! When you say remake of Wasteland 1, I'm assuming you want a Wasteland 1 in the style of Wasteland 2 or 3. I would prefer a new Wasteland in the style of the old Wasteland. ;)

inXile could update the art assets of Wasteland 1 with a few hundred thousand additional funds, but the new art would be limited to the same viewing limitations. A remake of Wasteland 1 would probably require as many funds as a new Wasteland due to the drastic changes that were made between the old Wasteland and the new Wastelands in combat, exploration, and systems. Some of the art assets from Wasteland 2 and 3 could probably be reused though.

Note that inXile updated Wasteland 1 for GOG and Steam. If I remember correctly, this update places all of the writing in the game itself now. The updated game is not a remake obviously, but playing Wasteland 1 is easier now.

MihaLbl4
Initiate

Post by MihaLbl4 » October 24th, 2016, 1:29 pm

Jozape wrote:Privyet! When you say remake of Wasteland 1, I'm assuming you want a Wasteland 1 in the style of Wasteland 2 or 3. I would prefer a new Wasteland in the style of the old Wasteland. ;).

Yes) Remake of the game engine Unity :)
inXile could update the art assets of Wasteland 1 with a few hundred thousand additional funds, but the new art would be limited to the same viewing limitations. A remake of Wasteland 1 would probably require as many funds as a new Wasteland due to the drastic changes that were made between the old Wasteland and the new Wastelands in combat, exploration, and systems. Some of the art assets from Wasteland 2 and 3 could probably be reused though.

Note that inXile updated Wasteland 1 for GOG and Steam. If I remember correctly, this update places all of the writing in the game itself now. The updated game is not a remake obviously, but playing Wasteland 1 is easier now.
In Wasteland original classic no rus language :(

undecaf
Explorer

Post by undecaf » October 24th, 2016, 1:43 pm

Seems unlikely the campaign will even reach the 3.25 goal. What with the stretch goals being what they are (logos and character customization clutter...) and the updates on the game being as scarce as they are (no info about the game other than the setting and the very general sentiment that could be paraphrased as "it's a Wasteland sequel so there's something Wastelandy to expect with "some tweaks" done for the formula since WL2")... there's not much for people to get further excited about and pledge more.
"A human being in his last extremity IS a bag of shit."

marceror
Adventurer

Post by marceror » October 24th, 2016, 4:58 pm

Or pledge at all.

MihaLbl4
Initiate

Post by MihaLbl4 » October 25th, 2016, 5:16 am

undecaf wrote:Seems unlikely the campaign will even reach the 3.25 goal. What with the stretch goals being what they are (logos and character customization clutter...) and the updates on the game being as scarce as they are (no info about the game other than the setting and the very general sentiment that could be paraphrased as "it's a Wasteland sequel so there's something Wastelandy to expect with "some tweaks" done for the formula since WL2")... there's not much for people to get further excited about and pledge more.
Maybe because customizable Ranger Squad Insignia for 100k no one is interested? ))

Little information of course. Does not have motivation.

Jozape
Explorer

Post by Jozape » October 25th, 2016, 7:16 am

MihaLbl4 wrote:In Wasteland original classic no rus language :(
I didn't know that. You have my sympathies. :(

I don't think backers are interested in the customizable insignia either. I know I'm not. I liked the flair and car companion though.

MihaLbl4
Initiate

Post by MihaLbl4 » November 9th, 2016, 1:51 am

marceror wrote:Greetings from the USA. There's very small chance our countries will become very good friends soon. :)
Congratulations!! :) I hope us are waiting for a joint a bright future=)

Jozape
Explorer

Post by Jozape » November 10th, 2016, 10:26 am

Most bad things have an upside. Cue nervous laughter. :(

marceror
Adventurer

Post by marceror » November 10th, 2016, 12:30 pm

Yeah, while improved relations between US and Russia, I think, is a good thing, having to elect Donald Trump to achieve this certainly isn't anything that makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Populism, Fascism, Racism... too many "isms" to be worried about with Mr. Trump. And worse, I'll never look at a Tic Tac the same way again. But... I'm now WAAAAAY off topic.

Uh, quick, a diversion: I'm looking forward to pimping out my Reagan-mobile!

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » November 10th, 2016, 1:33 pm

This isn't a political forum, folks. Move on.
Alwa nasci korliri das.