Are we to expect at least the same quality of the companion banter as..

For discussing Torment's story, setting, and characters. Ninth World discussions encouraged. Spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

monocle
Acolyte

Are we to expect at least the same quality of the companion banter as..

Post by monocle » March 27th, 2016, 1:19 pm

it was in PS:T
Javascript, Java, C#, numerous frameworks and design patterns, my spellbook is quite heavy.

Aldereth
Acolyte

Re: Are we to expect at least the same quality of the companion banter as..

Post by Aldereth » April 1st, 2016, 11:58 am

Tried the TTON beta for a few hours. The game allow you talk to your companion regarding various topics so I can see the mechanics are in place. As for if it will be the same (or better) quality writing, I guess we have to wait till the game come out.

Sithwist
Acolyte

Post by Sithwist » June 13th, 2016, 8:48 am

From what I see when asking companions about each other, I have high hopes for the banter. I just hope there is more and longer ones than in PS:T (Dak'kon only exchanged a couple lines with Grace and that's it, he spoke to no one else).

With this new beta I've also seen a lot of chiming in from the companions during conversations with NPCs and that's really cool!
"Absence of Name = Absence of Identity = Absence of Purpose = Absence of Place in Multiverse = Null State = Lost." - Nordom, PS:T.
Prupose acquired: Working on Torment Wiki.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » June 15th, 2016, 8:09 am

We have PS:T style banter written and semi-implemented, but it was disabled for the latest beta update as it wasn't fully scripted yet.

Homer Morisson
Scholar

Post by Homer Morisson » June 15th, 2016, 8:45 am

sear wrote:We have PS:T style banter written and semi-implemented, but it was disabled for the latest beta update as it wasn't fully scripted yet.
Can't tell you how relieved I am to read this - since this current build is the first one I've had access to I didn't know the old banter experience and was dearly(!) missing it... in the current build, the companions feel almost non-existent outside of Crises, once one has exhausted all available dialogue options (Kudos for Rhin btw, extremely fascinating backstory and proper good writing!).
You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Create your Star Citizen Account today and get 5000 UEC Ingame Currency for free!
UEE Citizen Record

Lord of Riva
Adventurer

Post by Lord of Riva » June 15th, 2016, 11:08 am

thats really nice to hear :)

i was worried about that as well