Kickstarter Update 14: Party of Six, Other Game Details, The Bard Goes Xounts

Announcements & media coverage pertaining to The Bard's Tale series. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Themadcow
Explorer

Re: Kickstarter Update 14: Party of Six, Other Game Details, The Bard Goes Xounts

Post by Themadcow »

ZiN wrote:You might be right, but that "grid slot" thing makes me think summons (and binds?) will be combat only and won't stay with you during adventuring (which would be a huge shame).
It does sound like that, but I'd hate to lose the ability to Spellbind - it really was immense fun (I'm looking at you Jabberwock).
~~~ CPC's - Getting in the way of fun gameplay since 1998 ~~~
jrodman
Explorer

Re: Kickstarter Update 14: Party of Six, Other Game Details, The Bard Goes Xounts

Post by jrodman »

Party of 5+1 npc is great if you can kill the NPC and take its slot.
Priest4hire
Explorer

Post by Priest4hire »

Haha, that's hilarious. Like they'd let you do that.

Anyway, so it's 5+1+?. The ? part is kind of annoying. Just how many are we talking? A grid can vary wildly in size. I could be no extra slots, 2 extra slots or 6 extra slots very easily. And I agree with ZiN, having those extra slots only for in combat summons would be a huge shame. And really, what's wrong with 6+1+1? That would bring us back to the same number of PCs as the original and allow for a full time NPC and summon/monster slot. And you could still have the rest of the grid, whatever that is, for combat limited summons.
ZiN
Adventurer

Post by ZiN »

jrodman wrote:Party of 5+1 npc is great if you can kill the NPC and take its slot.
I completely agree. :lol: I'm sure they'll keep that in mind when they write those 10.000 lines of life stories, travel guide monologues, history lessons, and emotional prattle for them.

On the other hand, with all this freedom and reactivity hype-talk, they might as well allow us to nuke them in to oblivion, if they start to get on our nerves and in the way of our mass monster slaying. After all, in a commotion that's fighting scores of monsters, it's not that unlikely that a DEST "accidentally" misses it's mark and goes friendly-fire. :D I'd like to see, how the world would react to that!
Iwbtone
Initiate

Post by Iwbtone »

paultakeda wrote:It sounds like 5+1. Wasn't it formerly 4+2? So we got a new PC but lost an NPC slot?

It's still max 6. I believe the most popular configuration advocated was 6 + 2 = 8.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: worship the sandbox play style in this old-school grid game :D
Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool »

ZiN wrote:After all, in a commotion that's fighting scores of monsters, it's not that unlikely that a DEST "accidentally" misses it's mark and goes friendly-fire. :D I'd like to see, how the world would react to that!
So... there was this D&D game, and the guy playing the mage got annoyed with the guy playing the paladin. During the combat, the mage cast Magic Missile (as you do), and had 2 missiles hit monsters and the third hit the paladin.

"Hey! You shot me!"
"Sorry. I missed."
"Magic Missile can't miss!"
"Hey. Who's the mage here? Me, or you?"
Alwa nasci korliri das.
Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra »

:lol:

Return to “The Bard's Tale: News & Announcements”