Dr. Tidemann is hostile

If you need assistance with a technical issue, this forum is for you. Specifically for help with Wasteland 2 itself. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

rasoforos
Initiate

Dr. Tidemann is hostile

Post by rasoforos » January 24th, 2015, 8:50 pm

Hi guys

Dr. Tidemann at citadel HQ is hostile. He will not attack but I cannot talk to him, I can only shoot him.

Is there a workaround to this or can I somehow mod him back?

Thanks

sear
Developer

Re: Dr. Tidemann is hostile

Post by sear » January 28th, 2015, 7:36 am

Did you do anything hostile to the Rangers or to him that would cause him to turn hostile to you?

Alternately, have you been editing saves?

If the answer to both is no then it's possible there's a bug causing him to incorrectly gain hate towards the player to the point where he becomes hostile (maybe related to friendly fire or something, like the old Takayuki issue?).

rasoforos
Initiate

Post by rasoforos » February 1st, 2015, 2:32 am

My answer would be no to both (I think). :-/

Heh maybe he just doesnt like me :)

fractaloop
Initiate

Post by fractaloop » February 8th, 2015, 7:12 pm

I too have this issue, though he attacks my party on sight. I have done nothing against the Rangers nor have I edited any games. I have his cure and was about head to California, but cannot deliver it as a result.

My party has Vulture's Cry, Chisel, and Lexcanium, with Aberforth, Vax, and The Night Terror in tow. I've attempted to follow a "good" path on this play through, saving everyone, making peace with RSM, disarming Titan, resolving the conflict with the Rail Nomads (and wiping out the thieves). It's unclear what causes this issue...

fractaloop
Initiate

Post by fractaloop » February 8th, 2015, 7:28 pm

I backtracked through my manual saves and he became hostile sometime between getting the Rad suits (still peaceful) completing Damonta (hostile).

Sadly, I didn't make *that* many savaes. At some point during Rail Nomads, Canyon of Titan, or Damonta he became hostile to my party. Wish I could help narrow this one down more.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » February 9th, 2015, 3:58 pm

Do any of you guys have save files on hand demonstrating the issue that you can send in? And is it only Dr. Tidemann, or anyone else in the Citadel?

fractaloop
Initiate

Post by fractaloop » February 9th, 2015, 10:20 pm

I checked every NPC in the Citadel and they are all friendly and act normally with the exception of Dr. Tidemann. I don't mind sending in my save file, but where do I send it?

frabron
Acolyte

Post by frabron » February 10th, 2015, 2:49 am

There's a sticky at the top of this very forum ;)

Nyamiou
Initiate

Post by Nyamiou » March 8th, 2015, 7:14 pm

Reproduced ! It happened after loading a quick save (15 minute save) just after I pressed the nuke button, my characters also became completely naked (they still had their stuff but no clothes), loading the autosave that was before the quick save (at the entrance of the Ranger Citadel) fixed it (sadly I have lost the problematic save game).

I should probably add that I also noticed a bug when at the Prison but I didn't take the time to note it so I don't recall it completely but anyway it seems related to this one : I was at the Prison and I was losing the battle and at a time my whole party was unconscious so I had to load a save and I load the 15 minute save and I ended up in the middle of the same fight with the characters that were unconscious but not bleeding waking up all at the same time and the others still dying and it seems related to me because if I remember correctly my characters were also naked.

It seems to me that it is a timing issues when the quick save happen at an unfortunate time.