[Mod] Minimalist cursor

For all non-gameplay/tech Wasteland 1 talk; sharing memories, discussing the setting, and general banter

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

kaypy
Acolyte

[Mod] Minimalist cursor

Post by kaypy » November 15th, 2013, 12:18 am

Stripping down Tets' design to the bare minimum, here is a cursor designed to get out of the way.

Includes CURS to update the wasteland game files and cursor.bin to update the dosbox overrides. (Don't forget to back up the originals!) It's based on the unsmoothed graphics option, so it wont look quite 100% right when you scroll over new text on the smoothed version.

http://en.file-upload.net/download-8293 ... r.zip.html
Last edited by kaypy on November 15th, 2013, 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tets
Master

Re: [Mod] Minimalist cursor

Post by Tets » November 15th, 2013, 1:47 am

looks nice. like it more than my version :D i think this small cursor is also nice for people who play without a mouse :)

noob question: how did you opened/edited cursors.bin?

kaypy
Acolyte

Post by kaypy » November 15th, 2013, 2:14 am

I mentioned it over on your cursors' thread, but the short version is that GIMP will load it as a raw image file. (each four byte group is R,G,B and Alpha for a pixel in order)

<edit>

The process formerly outlined here was stupidly baroque and I feel ashamed. The only excuse I can offer is that I was solving each problem as it arose without giving sufficient thought to the overall objective. Coming soon: a sensible, practical approach.

<edit>

OK, first step is to have your cursors ready. You will need all 8 cursors, with the alpha included. You will need two files, one of 16x16 cursors, one of 48x48 cursors. The cursors should be in order from top to bottom (as in the op post, except with real alpha).

Save each of the files as a raw image (you need to manually select the file type), with the default settings (Standard RGB)

Concatenate the 48x48 file to the end of the 16x16 file.

Code: Select all

copy /B cursors16.bin+cursors48.bin cursors.bin

Revolucas
Explorer

Post by Revolucas » November 15th, 2013, 7:59 am

Thanks.