Stealth Change to Ending?

Discuss the story & quests of Wasteland 3. Please avoid spoilers in subject lines.
Juris
Scholar

So just ran through the game again - sided with the Patriarch, killed that crazy traitor Angie.

As I was 'liberating' Ranger HQ the refugees in the room by the kitchen were all dead as before, but they were lined up against one of the walls and apparently executed - I don't remember that level of brutality. I was loved by the refugees, don't know which side did it, but for sure it was jarring - who executed all the refugees?

Then in the prison where the Patriarch's kids should have been, Hope Emerson (the jailer from the Marshalls) was dying of her wounds and said that the rebels had executed her prisoners. Only Ash and Mamma Cotter were still alive, and it looked like the Patriarch's kids were all executed in their cells! However, the Patriarch didn't seem to mind and thanked the Rangers for doing such a great job and sent supplies to AZ, etc.

Seems like it's something he would be angry about. Just a weird ending - that didn't happen the other times I sided with the Patriarch.

Seems like the ending got stealth tweaked.
Drool
Forum Moderator
badge image for 5p2s6t.png
badge image for ijw2ib.png

Juris wrote: April 12th, 2021, 11:36 am As I was 'liberating' Ranger HQ the refugees in the room by the kitchen were all dead as before, but they were lined up against one of the walls and apparently executed - I don't remember that level of brutality. I was loved by the refugees, don't know which side did it, but for sure it was jarring - who executed all the refugees?
They were lined up and shot in my playthrough back around release. I seem to recall it being the middle of the room and not the wall, but same difference. It was the Rangers who sided with Angie who did it. The ones complaining about the refugees for the whole game.
Then in the prison where the Patriarch's kids should have been, Hope Emerson (the jailer from the Marshalls) was dying of her wounds and said that the rebels had executed her prisoners.
I seem to recall Hope surviving in my playthrough.
Seems like the ending got stealth tweaked.
The ending changes based on what you do. Unless this playthrough was exactly like your previous one, differences are to be expected.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Return to “Wasteland 3: Story & Quests”