Stuck Pre Cutscene Ranger HQ

Forum for reporting Bugs in the PC version of Wasteland 3. Please refer to our stickied Bug Forum guidelines before posting.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Harry_T
Initiate

Stuck Pre Cutscene Ranger HQ

Post by Harry_T »

Hi

Everytime i enter the ranger hq it shows the man with the hood on his head ready to be executed as if its never happened and doesnt load the cut scene which means i can not enter the ranger HQ. i have already done the cutscene in the past. is there any work around so i can enter the ranger HQ again?

Kind regards
Mattonomicon
Developer

Re: Stuck Pre Cutscene Ranger HQ

Post by Mattonomicon »

Hey there, this issue has been reported to our Devs; in the meantime you can try the following which is a workaround that was recently provided to us by another helpful player. I will say that before trying this, please make sure you back up the affected save, that is to say, save the game again but under a new name so you don't overwrite the original in case this new save is compromised by the following attempt:

Edit the save game xml and remove the lines listed below from it. Upon doing so, the cut-scene for meeting the Patriarch the first time will be reset and you'll need to proceed through that again. What you've achieved in the game to that point though will remain unchanged and it should hopefully resolve the reported bug.

<global>
<k>a1001_MetThePatriarch</k>
<v>1</v>
</global>
<global>
Harry_T
Initiate

Post by Harry_T »

Thankyou for getting back to me :)
I am just trying to do this fix now but I've discovered that the files may be different on xbox game pass on pc. How can i apply this fix with xbox game pass version?
Harry_T
Initiate

Post by Harry_T »

Hi i am using the xbox game pass version which i believe uses a different file format. How can i make the same edit on the game pass version on pc?

Return to “Wasteland 3: PC Bug Report Forum”