Newsletters and E-mails

Discussion about the upcoming Wasteland 3!

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Araton
Acolyte

Newsletters and E-mails

Post by Araton »

Hey there,

I was wondering if InXile is still sending out blog entries and newsletters about the game to their Fig backers via e-mail.

For some reason I'm not getting any newsletters since 06/30/2017 (Update 21).

This I find interesting, because lately we received news in E3 (and on Fig) that an early Alpha version with playable segments should be out by sometime August. I checked my spam folders, trash and everything, but couldn't find a newsletter on this.

Is anyone else not getting these e-mails or is it just me?
Gillsing
Explorer

Re: Newsletters and E-mails

Post by Gillsing »

I still get my emails. Last one was update #29 on June 10th this year.
Grohal
Master

Post by Grohal »

Gillsing wrote: July 5th, 2019, 1:42 am I still get my emails. Last one was update #29 on June 10th this year.
Same here.
Hell is no place, hell is a condition.
Araton
Acolyte

Post by Araton »

O_o that's kind of bad then.

I still have the e-mail confirming my name in the credits as well as the rewards (soundtrack and wasteland 2). I can also review my backer rewards on crowdox using a link from the e-mail.

Though the e-mail refers to the following shipping address:

Code: Select all

Liquid error: undefined method `[]' for nil:NilClass
The problem is that when I log into Fig Wasteland 3 is not on the list of games that I'm backing, I also can't view my rewards there or post in the comments section.

Who do I need to contact to get this fixed?
Gillsing
Explorer

Post by Gillsing »

Presumably they have some contact info over at Fig? ... looking ... I only see a "say hello" thing with links to the Fig Twitter account, Facebook page and YouTube channel. So maybe you need to use one of those channels to ask them what's up with your situation? In my account profile there are mail preferences where I could choose to not receive campaign updates, but since Fig seems to think that you're not actually a Wasteland 3 backer, I'm guessing those wouldn't change anything for you.

EDIT:
Are you perchance a late backer who backed only through CrowdOx? I think that's a thing, since Fig is a bit like Kickstarter in that it runs its campaign, and after the campaign you can't back the campaign through Fig. That could explain why Fig isn't aware of you being a backer, while CrowdOx seems to say that you are. And in that case, maybe you need to contact CrowdOx to have them tell Fig that you're a backer? Not sure why they would stop sending you campaign updates though. Maybe something went wrong at some point with one of those "confirm shipping address for physical goods" messages? I had one a while ago for Bard's Tale 4, which was in error, since I'd already received a similar message a long time ago.
Araton
Acolyte

Post by Araton »

I backed the game on Fig as soon as it became available in October of 2016. I got the First Access package for $75.

Campaign updates are activated on Fig, but the Game is not in my Library. I also don't have a CrowdOx account. I left a "request" on the Fig site. I really hope they start addressing this. If this is a widespread problem, then there's trouble that's for sure.

Update: I registered an account on CrowdOx using the same e-mail address that I used to back Wasteland 3 on Fig and now Wasteland 3 is on my list of backed games on CrowdOx, but still not on Fig! :(

Update 2: Any idea who I should be contacting because of the Fig + Newsletter/email issue?

Update 3: CrowdOx has a help desk dedicated to Wasteland 3, I e-mailed them just now. Unfortunately, fig only has a generic help customer support, which I also e-mailed.
I really hope they can sort this out, this situation is starting to become unnerving.

Return to “Wasteland 3: General Discussion”