Wasteland 2: now with improved modding capabilities!

For community content (fan-art, fanfic, etcetera) for Wasteland 2.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Silencedmind
Initiate

Re: Wasteland 2: now with improved modding capabilities!

Post by Silencedmind » June 17th, 2019, 4:31 am

Good to hear! i'm mainly interested in the ai part. I hope you get some more out of it then vanilla because the main issue is always most mobs running towards you, draining their ap and having none left to do atleast 1 attack and other issues like it. More ambushing, sometimes waiting for the pc to come etc.

leon2356
Initiate

Post by leon2356 » June 26th, 2019, 6:37 pm

Hi, I love the work you're doing with this patch. I was partway through installing it when I saw that I forgot to download the localization.exe, however, the dropbox link is broken. Anything you can do on your end to fix it? Much love!

leon2356
Initiate

Post by leon2356 » June 27th, 2019, 3:30 pm

leon2356 wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 6:37 pm
Hi, I love the work you're doing with this patch. I was partway through installing it when I saw that I forgot to download the localization.exe, however, the dropbox link is broken. Anything you can do on your end to fix it? Much love!
As soon as I make this post the dropbox comes back online. LOL, love your patch keep up the great work.

Silencedmind
Initiate

Post by Silencedmind » September 9th, 2019, 5:37 am

Executor how are you? i wondered how far you've come with 0.9.5? no pressure though, just wanted to say i still regularly visit this thread.

Have a good day.

Executor_
Scholar

Post by Executor_ » September 9th, 2019, 2:52 pm

Yeah, still working on it, never worry. Real life issues meant I didn't get much done in August so I'm somewhat behind where I had hoped to be. Have a proper debug console implemented now, so I can actually test much faster now. Lots of bugs big and small I need to resolve.

crimsoncorporation
Novice

Post by crimsoncorporation » October 26th, 2019, 12:06 pm

crimsoncorporation wrote:
February 4th, 2019, 4:50 am
[*]When entering the Titan of Canyon, Jill and her crew turned hostile after a botched surgery. Her cows then also turn hostile. So far, so intended, but I also had brought along a cow as an animal companion for Vulture's Cry. This cow also turned hostile. After combat the cow still followed Vulture's Cry around, and the Cattle Drive bonus was still received, but the cow remained hostile. If Vulture's Cry was positioned next to the cow during subsequent combats, she always received the Under Pressure penalty. It was also impossible to talk to the cow, to praise/rename/release her.[/list]
I'm currently on a playthrough with your latest build, and ran into another issue with Jill's cows. This time around my surgeon killed the doctor, so they all turn hostile, including the cows. I slayed one cow (because that's what you get for being judgemental live stock), which immediately ended and restarted the battle. That was a bit of a problem because one of them (Jill I think) had higher CI than me, and thus would end up getting a free shot for every slain cow. Technically I think combat should just continue, rather than end and restart. I guess it has to do with the party turning automatically hostile when you touch their cows, but the devs forgot you could already be in a fight at that point.

Executor_
Scholar

Post by Executor_ » October 28th, 2019, 7:44 am

I'll take a look at it and try to find what's causing combat to end when you kill a cow.