Radio silence?

Discussion about the upcoming Wasteland 3!

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

RubenS
Initiate

Re: Radio silence?

Post by RubenS » May 12th, 2019, 4:03 am

Soooo i was right? They left one (new) guy to turn lights off? lol

Well guess i'll still wait for some actual info about the W3

fuzzyballs01
Scholar

Post by fuzzyballs01 » May 14th, 2019, 8:23 am

they just added a small update post to Facebook
NOW you can applaud them for not being dead, NOW they actually did more than make one post on a forum

and what the hell was wrong with my original Kermit profile picture

voniac
Initiate

Post by voniac » May 16th, 2019, 3:24 am

So... I just saw the new update on FIG.... I cannot say I'm happy... I mean, MacTavish? After almost 6 months of silence you throw a 3d character?
I love INXILE, I said a lot of times that for me Wasteland 2 is a game that we play once in a decade. Having almost 7 (or 8, I don't remember) full playthroughs, I extremelly enjoyed playing it. But this update is very little... Sorry for my critisism, I love you all, just I got a bitter taste from this update that I wanted to share. Hope to see or hear from you soon. Best regards

Grohal
Master

Post by Grohal » May 16th, 2019, 6:05 am

voniac wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 3:24 am
So... I just saw the new update on FIG.... I cannot say I'm happy... I mean, MacTavish? After almost 6 months of silence you throw a 3d character?
I love INXILE, I said a lot of times that for me Wasteland 2 is a game that we play once in a decade. Having almost 7 (or 8, I don't remember) full playthroughs, I extremelly enjoyed playing it. But this update is very little... Sorry for my critisism, I love you all, just I got a bitter taste from this update that I wanted to share. Hope to see or hear from you soon. Best regards
Yeah, I am with you - it is a bit shallow. I wouldn't mind such an update after one or two months but nearly half a year later?
Well, I really hope they have something big to show on E3.
Updates are extremly dissapoiting so far - but all this will be forgotten if the game itself is really good.
Hell is no place, hell is a condition.

RubenS
Initiate

Post by RubenS » May 16th, 2019, 1:21 pm

It kinda looked like update about update that hopefully make us quiet and wait another six months for few words about cool stuff they are doing lol

Carib
Initiate

Post by Carib » May 17th, 2019, 7:01 pm

So... ummm, how about them Wasteland 3 backer tabs.
"I believe in gunpowder and dynamite!"

Mole204
Explorer

Post by Mole204 » May 19th, 2019, 6:49 pm

I know that the Mac Tavish thing is a crumb in relation to all the time waiting, but so what. We got something. Me, I just hope they can write a scottish character without a) swearing all the time b) ripping off the movie "Brave". And of the two, 'a' is the important one. I wonder if he has his own recipe for Hobo Dogs? Would they call it something different in the UK?
"Gosh, all that radiation, and the girl from Pokemon Shield really turned out stocky."

Grohal
Master

Post by Grohal » May 19th, 2019, 11:48 pm

Mole204 wrote:
May 19th, 2019, 6:49 pm
I know that the Mac Tavish thing is a crumb in relation to all the time waiting, but so what. We got something. Me, I just hope they can write a scottish character without a) swearing all the time b) ripping off the movie "Brave". And of the two, 'a' is the important one. I wonder if he has his own recipe for Hobo Dogs? Would they call it something different in the UK?
"Gosh, all that radiation, and the girl from Pokemon Shield really turned out stocky."
Isn't half the scottish language swearing? :mrgreen:

Executor_
Scholar

Post by Executor_ » May 23rd, 2019, 5:54 am

A month ago inXile was looking for a new Senior Writer for Wasteland 3: Gamepur.
It is unclear at this time whether this is regular turnover or they were unhappy with their previous Senior Writer's work. The job description is potentially telling with "Ability to adapt to feedback and style requirements of our project" listed under Qualifications, and "Write and revise dialogs in our branching dialog tool, including creating new dialogs from scratch" is one of the major responsibilities asked of the new Senior Writer. This is a clear indication that major rewrites and revisions of the previous Senior Writer's work are going to be a large part of the new Senior Writer's responsibilities.

Mole204
Explorer

Post by Mole204 » May 23rd, 2019, 9:10 pm

Huh. I did not know that, Executor. And here I am with a no published works, and a day job that I know will keep me away from the meetings required. And the geographical distance. I wonder if I could just whip something up? What would the page count on that be? The format? How would they want a writer to handle branching storylines? Curiosity aside, they've probably decided on someone by now, anyway. Maybe they wanted some writing done for a stretch goal segment. I hope they decide on something appropriate and entertaining. And for the new guy, remember: Every "f- you" is a missed chance to tell someone something like "Shouldn't your village be sacrificing you to Trash Slitherers? Or are you here because they put an actual drunk in your normal cell?"

Grohal
Master

Post by Grohal » May 24th, 2019, 12:53 am

I wouldn't worry to much. Let's just wait for what they show us at the E3. Maybe they just need a new Senior writer, because they decided to make Wasteland 3 bigger (loatation- and/or storywise) now that they are under Microsofts wings.
It would be in Microsofts interesst too, that the last game InXile is doing through backing is a good one, that leaves the players aching for the next games.

fuzzyballs01
Scholar

Post by fuzzyballs01 » May 24th, 2019, 8:22 am

you know what I want
Mad Max in the frozen Colorado wasteland
I need a V8 Interceptor to get around

man, imagine if they actually added a nod to Mad Max? some bald dude yelling "WITNESS MEEEE" as goes suicide bomber

Mole204
Explorer

Post by Mole204 » May 25th, 2019, 7:43 pm

Grohal wrote:
May 19th, 2019, 11:48 pm
Isn't half the scottish language swearing? :mrgreen:
If it is, only the scottish can figure it out. Maybe parts of Ireland.
Now let's take a look at scottish depictions in the American-local pop culture. (English-location pop-culture seems to all hate the scottish due to hereditary snobbyness and general inherited-grudge-holding.)
Scotty from Star Trek. No swearing.
Brave, the redhead archer girl movie from Disney. No swearing.
Indiana Jones and the last crusade. No swearing, some punching.
The Scotsman from Samurai Jack. No swearing.
So all in all, it looks like a clean bill of health, yeah? I should probably take a moment to underline the Scotsman from Samurai Jack, as one way or another, that's the main focus of Scottish in American locale pop. culture: Belligerence. If you can do that without swearing, then go right ahead. Because removing your main writing crutch will force you to use your underused brain while writing the scenes. It's the belligerence that you want anyway.
Of course, this is Wasteland, so Mac isn't scottish from Scottsland, he's just some guy who went nuts and started in on being scottish and you have to kill him to stop him.
-
You know what I want. Serpoids in WL3. To find a crashed-ship encampment in the mountains and have a few mission to either help them to destroy them. Or going to Norad to have the crash site put on your map. Maybe as the reward for a Stargate or Skynet nod mission.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » May 26th, 2019, 12:13 pm

Mole204 wrote:
May 25th, 2019, 7:43 pm
You know what I want. Serpoids in WL3. To find a crashed-ship encampment in the mountains and have a few mission to either help them to destroy them. Or going to Norad to have the crash site put on your map. Maybe as the reward for a Stargate or Skynet nod mission.
No.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Gillsing
Explorer

Post by Gillsing » May 26th, 2019, 12:56 pm

Mole204 wrote:
May 25th, 2019, 7:43 pm
Serpoids in WL3.
I'd rather have the tall blonde preparing a bath and aiming an Uzi at me.

Mole204
Explorer

Post by Mole204 » May 26th, 2019, 11:16 pm

Gillsing wrote:
May 26th, 2019, 12:56 pm
I'd rather have the tall blonde preparing a bath and aiming an Uzi at me.
You make an interesting argument, Gillsing.
Plucky narrator-torment girl shouldn't be forgotten either.

lt-shepherd
Novice

Post by lt-shepherd » May 27th, 2019, 2:47 pm

What in the world has my comment section turned into?? XDD

RubenS
Initiate

Post by RubenS » May 29th, 2019, 10:22 am

lt-shepherd wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 2:47 pm
It's the silence that makes people go crazy i guess

lt-shepherd
Novice

Post by lt-shepherd » May 29th, 2019, 3:27 pm

RubenS wrote:
May 29th, 2019, 10:22 am
lt-shepherd wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 2:47 pm
It's the silence that makes people go crazy i guess
Y'know, I'd tend to agree with you. I have seen that happen one too many times.