What happened to the Backer pages?

For all Torment discussion that does not fit elsewhere. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

shaggyjdub
Initiate

Re: What happened to the Backer pages?

Post by shaggyjdub » May 14th, 2019, 2:03 pm

I got the game, but not my Torment backer badge.. :cry:

YaK
Initiate

Post by YaK » May 16th, 2019, 11:58 am

Well, i got an update for my ticket, asking which version i got and the mail i used as a backer. Another week passed after my reply, but all seems dead.

Honestly, i am concerned and upset for all the EXCLUSIVE extras entitled only to backers which isn't available anywhere else (one of the novellas, the fact i got stuck with a shitty PDF of the others on GOG when i had epubs on the backer protal, and so on...)

Quoting Morte, from PsT: "Don't let it end like this."

dariussd
Initiate

Post by dariussd » May 21st, 2019, 3:36 pm

YaK wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 11:58 am
Well, i got an update for my ticket, asking which version i got and the mail i used as a backer. Another week passed after my reply, but all seems dead.

Honestly, i am concerned and upset for all the EXCLUSIVE extras entitled only to backers which isn't available anywhere else (one of the novellas, the fact i got stuck with a shitty PDF of the others on GOG when i had epubs on the backer protal, and so on...)

Are you sure that the novella files were available in .epub format on the backer portal? Does anyone know if the novellas were available in .epub or .mobi format on the backer portal? I asked inXile support for all six novellas in .epub and .mobi format and they got back to me today saying that they only had the novellas in .pdf format. They sent me the Monte Cook novella and the Pat Rothfuss comic files in .pdf format. If the six novellas only came in .pdf format, I think that covers everything that I wasn't able to download from the backer site that isn't in my Steam Immortal Edition folder. If you want the Monte Cook novella and the Pat Rothfuss comic in .pdf format, PM me with your email address and I'll email them to you. The comic book file is large, at almost 8 mb, so be warned.

Metallix
Initiate

Post by Metallix » June 12th, 2019, 11:52 pm

Is there any update on this?

YaK
Initiate

Post by YaK » June 15th, 2019, 4:14 pm

dariussd wrote:
May 21st, 2019, 3:36 pm
YaK wrote:

Are you sure that the novella files were available in .epub format on the backer portal? Does anyone know if the novellas were available in .epub or .mobi format on the backer portal? I asked inXile support for all six novellas in .epub and .mobi format and they got back to me today saying that they only had the novellas in .pdf format. They sent me the Monte Cook novella and the Pat Rothfuss comic files in .pdf format. If the six novellas only came in .pdf format, I think that covers everything that I wasn't able to download from the backer site that isn't in my Steam Immortal Edition folder. If you want the Monte Cook novella and the Pat Rothfuss comic in .pdf format, PM me with your email address and I'll email them to you. The comic book file is large, at almost 8 mb, so be warned.
They lied or they were meaning that NOW they have available only the pdfs.

How do i know? Cause i still have backup copies of the first three novellas released and had the others on the failed SD of my smartphone, as i read them all in .epub

Anyway, they hadn't replied to me yet (if ever...).

dariussd
Initiate

Post by dariussd » June 15th, 2019, 11:39 pm

YaK wrote:
June 15th, 2019, 4:14 pm
dariussd wrote:
May 21st, 2019, 3:36 pm
YaK wrote:

They lied or they were meaning that NOW they have available only the pdfs.

How do i know? Cause i still have backup copies of the first three novellas released and had the others on the failed SD of my smartphone, as i read them all in .epub

Anyway, they hadn't replied to me yet (if ever...).
Well, now I"m disappointed that inXile said they don't have the novellas in .epub or .mobi format. If any Torment backers out there saved the six novella files in .epub or .mobi format could you please PM me even if you have only one file to share? I would like to get all six novella files in .epub and .mobi format (if they came in .mobi format) and make them available to any backers who didn't backup their rewards like me before inXile took the backer page down without warning.
Last edited by dariussd on June 16th, 2019, 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YaK
Initiate

Post by YaK » June 16th, 2019, 7:15 am

You have mail :)

dariussd
Initiate

Post by dariussd » June 16th, 2019, 1:01 pm

YaK wrote:
June 16th, 2019, 7:15 am
You have mail :)
Thanks to YaK, I now have all six novellas in .pdf, .mobi and .epub format and I have the comic book in .pdf format. If any backers want these files, PM me with your email address and I will send you a large zipped file with everything I have. I can't possibly thank YaK enough for sending me the rest of the files. I guess we have to count on fellow backers to get these rather than inXile support.

vms11
Initiate

Post by vms11 » June 26th, 2019, 1:21 am

Hi Dariussd, I'm interested in this. I just started playing again and I'd like to read the novellas which I never got around to before. Mind sending me a link? I can't seem to DM yet as I'm new to the forum for now.

dariussd
Initiate

Post by dariussd » June 26th, 2019, 5:23 am

vms11 wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 1:21 am
Hi Dariussd, I'm interested in this. I just started playing again and I'd like to read the novellas which I never got around to before. Mind sending me a link? I can't seem to DM yet as I'm new to the forum for now.
PM me with your email address when the forum lets you. I don't have a link, I'm sending the file as an email attachment.

Brian76
Initiate

Post by Brian76 » August 9th, 2019, 10:32 pm

A few months ago I finally got a reply to my many e-mails and they resent me the Novellas. No word on the other rewards or the unreleased novella. Seems like as soon as Inxile was bought they turned their back on the backers who got them there.

King Burgundy
Initiate

Post by King Burgundy » September 5th, 2019, 11:01 pm

Still waiting here for my final rewards as well.

TheQuestionMark
Global Moderator

Post by TheQuestionMark » September 6th, 2019, 12:01 pm

King Burgundy wrote:
September 5th, 2019, 11:01 pm
Still waiting here for my final rewards as well.
Hi there, please reach out to our dedicated support team to see if they're able to lend a helping hand with this: https://inxile.zendesk.com/hc/en-us