What happened to the Backer pages?

For all Torment discussion that does not fit elsewhere. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

Janichsan
Initiate

What happened to the Backer pages?

Post by Janichsan » December 30th, 2018, 8:06 am

I don't know if that already has been answered somewhere, as I can't find any information, but what precisely happened to the Backer pages for Torment (and Wasteland 2, for that matter)? The original Backer page (https://www.inxile-entertainment.com/us ... te/rewards) no longer exists, so is there still a way to access the Backer rewards?

woodsielord
Initiate

Re: What happened to the Backer pages?

Post by woodsielord » January 2nd, 2019, 8:53 am

I emailed support about it on Dec 14th, and except for an initial and fast reply that said they would have to look into it, they still haven't gotten me my key. I haven't had a chance to redeem the game (because I just couldn't choose between Steam and GOG), and I'd really like to get it before they jump ship completely. Please let me know if you can access your rewards in any way.

Shunsen
Initiate

Post by Shunsen » January 20th, 2019, 3:31 am

I just had to reinstall Windows etc. and wanted to grab my backer ingame reward for my GOG installation and was very upset that this portal is down :-(

please_help
Initiate

Post by please_help » January 26th, 2019, 3:46 pm

Ditto, I am a slow poke. Bought the Humblebundle digital PDFs for the tabletop game, wanting to play the digital game I paid $20 for like 4 years ago! None of the web pages work, and I am unable to redeem the age old unused key!

Brian76
Initiate

Post by Brian76 » January 30th, 2019, 6:35 pm

Been trying to shame an answer out of them on Twitter for the last few weeks. Today, the reply from INXILE Twitter is "We're working on things. If you need your rewards use our support line."

Yeah right.

StrikerDM
Initiate

Post by StrikerDM » February 5th, 2019, 3:06 pm

Same issue here. I never got around to downloading all of my backer rewards.

I've submitted a ticket via their help site. Has anyone gotten a response yet?

Shunsen
Initiate

Post by Shunsen » February 8th, 2019, 8:01 am

I got a response 2 weeks ago (I asked for the backer outfit upgrade .exe as I chose GOG for my key). They asked for my mail that I used for Kickstarter and wether I can confirm I used GOG. I replied instantly. That's it. I send two or three mails asking for progress. No further replies yet...

StrikerDM
Initiate

Post by StrikerDM » February 22nd, 2019, 11:56 am

Just submitted my third support ticket on this, but still no response.

This wouldn't be so bad if they had given high tier backers the Immortal Edition copy of the game, as that seems to have most of the digital backer rewards.

YaK
Initiate

Post by YaK » March 2nd, 2019, 2:17 pm

I am missing the backer outufit upgrade too for GOG, plus some other thing are not on the gog account.

Shame on me for not making a backup in time, since i saw this coming.

dariussd
Initiate

Post by dariussd » March 31st, 2019, 11:15 pm

I keep asking InXile on Twitter and Facebook if we will be able to access our reward pages again eventually for Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera and they are ignoring me. I sent in a support ticket with no response so far. I even asked on their Wasteland 3 Fig page which I also backed and they deleted my comment today, so I asked again. I'm sure that comment will be deleted also. All I want is an answer. There is absolutely no excuse for them to take down our backer rewards pages without at least warning us through a Kickstarter update that they will be removed and to take care of our business before then. Now I can't download the backer exclusive Monte Cook novella and it isn't in my Steam folder. I don't understand why they couldn't migrate our Wasteland 2 and Torment backer information to CrowdOx like they did with The Bard's Tale IV.
Last edited by dariussd on April 12th, 2019, 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YaK
Initiate

Post by YaK » April 8th, 2019, 6:51 pm

You are not alone.

As a matter of fact we should recognize they have one of the worst post-sale policy, mostly due to lack of comunications. Simply as that: most of the problems could have been avoided just remembering to drop a line or two for backer insteads of silence, secrets, or coming out after things happened and such very odd and disappointing behaviours.

I'll never understand why they like to make us - customers and backers, feel so neglected. Never.

StrikerDM
Initiate

Post by StrikerDM » April 11th, 2019, 2:17 pm

So I finally got a response to my 3 support requests... after they were automatically closed once due to inactivity on Inxile's side and I had to email to request that they be reopened. :roll:

Basically they resolved the issue by giving me a Steam key for the Immortal Edition of the game. This edition includes the items listed below...

Does anyone know if this edition includes all of the digital backer rewards I would have been missing from the $200 Backer Tier?

It looks like almost everything's here, but I didn't follow the project closely enough to know if they added anything that would be missing from the Immortal Edition.

Immortal Edition Contents
  • Digital Soundtrack - The Original Soundtrack for Torment: Tides of Numenera. Composed by Mark Morgan and featuring 50 tracks.
  • Digital World Map - A high-resolution version of Torment's world map.
  • Digital Concept Art - A selection of high-resolution concept pieces and wallpaper.
  • "From the Depths" Digital Novellas (5x) - The full "From the Depths" Tidal novella series. Each novella is themed around a different Tide and fleshes out the game's world and backstory (between 60-140 pages each).
  • Digital Strategy Guide - A 143-page companion guidebook containing walkthroughs of quests, location overviews, ability lists, and more.
  • Digital Concept Art Book - A lovingly crafted 90-page digital art book showing off a selection of the game's concept and promotional artwork.
  • Forum Avatars - A selection of forum avatars based on the in-game party portraits.
  • Ringtones - A selection of Torment-themed ringtones and notification sounds.

dariussd
Initiate

Post by dariussd » April 12th, 2019, 1:04 am

StrikerDM wrote:
April 11th, 2019, 2:17 pm
So I finally got a response to my 3 support requests... after they were automatically closed once due to inactivity on Inxile's side and I had to email to request that they be reopened. :roll:

Basically they resolved the issue by giving me a Steam key for the Immortal Edition of the game. This edition includes the items listed below...

Does anyone know if this edition includes all of the digital backer rewards I would have been missing from the $200 Backer Tier?

It looks like almost everything's here, but I didn't follow the project closely enough to know if they added anything that would be missing from the Immortal Edition.

Immortal Edition Contents
  • Digital Soundtrack - The Original Soundtrack for Torment: Tides of Numenera. Composed by Mark Morgan and featuring 50 tracks.
  • Digital World Map - A high-resolution version of Torment's world map.
  • Digital Concept Art - A selection of high-resolution concept pieces and wallpaper.
  • "From the Depths" Digital Novellas (5x) - The full "From the Depths" Tidal novella series. Each novella is themed around a different Tide and fleshes out the game's world and backstory (between 60-140 pages each).
  • Digital Strategy Guide - A 143-page companion guidebook containing walkthroughs of quests, location overviews, ability lists, and more.
  • Digital Concept Art Book - A lovingly crafted 90-page digital art book showing off a selection of the game's concept and promotional artwork.
  • Forum Avatars - A selection of forum avatars based on the in-game party portraits.
  • Ringtones - A selection of Torment-themed ringtones and notification sounds.
You are missing the Novella by Monte Cook (Digital), just like me. It is the 6th Torment novella and is apparently a backer only exclusive as it isn't included in the 5 novellas in my Steam Immortal Edition and I heard the GOG Immortal Edition also only includes 5 novellas. InXile promised a 7th Novella by Colin McComb (Digital) that is apparently finished and a Comic Book by Colin McComb & Adam Heine (Digital) and another Comic Book by Chris Avellone (Digital) but still haven't delivered those to backers. They also promised a Chris Avellone novella for Wasteland 2 backers that they never delivered. I sent in a request to inXile support asking them to send me the Monte Cook novella .pdf file but I still haven't heard back from them. Does anyone have the .pdf file of the Monte Cook Torment novella that they could send me? I backed at the ODDITY COLLECTOR - PHYSICAL GOODS level and I'm not optimistic that inXile support will respond to my support request any time soon. Please PM me if you do. EDIT: I received the Monte Cook novella file from inXile support.
Last edited by dariussd on May 21st, 2019, 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

YaK
Initiate

Post by YaK » April 12th, 2019, 10:24 am

What a shame...

Does anyone has the backer outfit upgrade file?

I think it's pointless to start opening tickect, i just would like that file so i can play my gog version.

I must say, they've completely burned my trust.

StrikerDM
Initiate

Post by StrikerDM » April 12th, 2019, 11:51 am

YaK wrote:
April 12th, 2019, 10:24 am
What a shame...

Does anyone has the backer outfit upgrade file?

I think it's pointless to start opening tickect, i just would like that file so i can play my gog version.

I must say, they've completely burned my trust.
I did a quick google search for "torment tides of numenera backer outfit upgrade digital" and saw some posts on other sites that might have it.

YaK
Initiate

Post by YaK » April 13th, 2019, 6:46 am

Thanks, i kindly asked to fellow backer and now at least i have it. Still missing some contents (a few of the novellas, there are only 5 on Gog), but better than nothing.

Shunsen
Initiate

Post by Shunsen » April 13th, 2019, 12:37 pm

YaK wrote:
April 13th, 2019, 6:46 am
Thanks, i kindly asked to fellow backer and now at least i have it. Still missing some contents (a few of the novellas, there are only 5 on Gog), but better than nothing.
Would you mind helping me out with that upgrade file? That's also the most important thing for me I'm missing...

woodsielord
Initiate

Post by woodsielord » April 24th, 2019, 3:40 am

I started a petition to get our good back. If you are wronged by inXile, please sign this petition here, and don't forget to share it: http://chng.it/PGCMjxBB5h

Thanks!

EDIT [update]:
I received my key today. I thank everyone at inXile for their support. Feel free to use this petition to tally the number of people who are still waiting for their turn. I hope you too can finally start playing soon!

RadonGOG
Scholar

Post by RadonGOG » April 26th, 2019, 6:44 am

Hello? Any update, please?

YaK
Initiate

Post by YaK » April 28th, 2019, 8:05 am

No update for me.

The problem is that there is BACKER EXCLUSIVE content not present in any other version of the game (GoG/Steam).

Just to name one: Monte Cook's Novella.

It's becoming SO exclusive that's unavailable to backers too... probably lost in time and space.