The Moment

Discussing the story & setting of Wasteland 2. Beware spoilers. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Highwayman667
Acolyte

The Moment

Post by Highwayman667 » March 10th, 2019, 4:45 pm

So when exactly was "The Moment" when you said: this is truly a great game.

Mine was giving the hemorroid cream to the Diamondback Milita leader. Call me silly but that was just an outstanding turn of events to me and a hilarious scene.

crimsoncorporation
Novice

Re: The Moment

Post by crimsoncorporation » March 19th, 2019, 5:52 pm

For me it was when I picked up Dan Q as a companion.

And also when I still discovered entirely new content on my 4th playthrough.

Also when I realized the nuances of combat are much finer than I originally had thought, during my assault rifle days. I no longer think they are the best weapon class in the game.

Highwayman667
Acolyte

Post by Highwayman667 » March 20th, 2019, 7:32 am

crimsoncorporation wrote: ↑
March 19th, 2019, 5:52 pm
For me it was when I picked up Dan Q as a companion.
That dude does seem like a lot of fun, though I can't exactly push myself to give the nuke to the mad monks.

madmaxthc
Acolyte

Post by madmaxthc » April 6th, 2019, 10:24 pm

When you enter the prison the first time. Terrible and merciless in its description of a post-apocalyptic world. I love the fact that your squad is not almighty, and you do what you can to improve things. Also when you meet Pitbull in Rail Nomads. That dude needed taking down, but boy, what a battle!

And finally at the end, when all the people you helped show up to help you back. That truly was a heart-warming moment, for me the final touch that made the game such a masterpiece. I came to realize videogames can be a form of art, and this one certainly is one of them.

Highwayman667
Acolyte

Post by Highwayman667 » April 7th, 2019, 11:57 am

madmaxthc wrote: ↑
April 6th, 2019, 10:24 pm
And finally at the end, when all the people you helped show up to help you back. That truly was a heart-warming moment, for me the final touch that made the game such a masterpiece. I came to realize videogames can be a form of art, and this one certainly is one of them.
Poor Kekkabah :'( ... he died a hero !