Wasteland 2: now with improved modding capabilities!

For community content (fan-art, fanfic, etcetera) for Wasteland 2.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Executor_
Scholar

Re: Wasteland 2: now with improved modding capabilities!

Post by Executor_ » February 7th, 2019, 3:14 pm

Yeah, the level table is indeed hard-coded by default.

Are you using my updated DLL? If so, then go to your "Mods" directory. You can find its location by starting the game and going into the Options --> Modding panel.

Once you've found it, go to the "Mods\Export\Table\" folder and there should be a Table_Leveling.mson file. Don't edit it there though. First, copy it into "Mods\Import\Table\" (creating folders if necessary). Open this copy of Table_Leveling.mson in a text editor like Notepad or Notepad++ and make whatever changes you like. It should be fairly self-explanatory from there. Just use the same format as the existing file and it should work fine.

If you have further questions, let me know.

jet100a
Initiate

Post by jet100a » February 9th, 2019, 7:22 pm

Hello all,

Thank you Executor_ for the quick reply! I wasn't expecting a reply to come so quickly. I have made the level cap 511 because that's as high as the integer value will allow and i'm not sure how to change the integer. Turns out the formatting doesn't matter to computer code and is only for the people writing it (duh!). Anyways, my next question is, is it possible to give the max number of hitpoints given by luck every level? If so, how would I go about making this change?

Thank you!

Executor_
Scholar

Post by Executor_ » February 10th, 2019, 12:18 pm

I capped array sizes at 512 to prevent people accidentally wasting lots of memory. Is there a reason you want to go higher than that? Even reaching level 50 already takes ages.

Hitpoints gained from Luck can't be altered in 0.9.4. One of the changes in the upcoming 0.9.5 is making Luck moddable.

jet100a
Initiate

Post by jet100a » February 11th, 2019, 5:35 pm

Hello all,

I was mostly just describing what I did to increase the level cap and I would increased it higher just because I could, there really isn't a reason for it to be higher than 511 (just describing my thought process). I just have to say that I really appreciate your work to make this game easier to mod and thank you for including luck in your next update. If I have any questions, I'll let you know!

Thanks for reading!

jet100a
Initiate

Post by jet100a » February 19th, 2019, 3:02 pm

Hello!

I noticed something odd, it seems that if you create your own quirk (by overriding another by changing whats inside the MSON file) the game gets stutter in combat whenever its that characters turn (the character with the quirk). It will take longer for it to switch to that character and also switching weapons or by switching to burst fire will cause about a second of stutter. Add more effects (or more quirks) and the effect becomes worse. (Also more effects being increased AP but Decreased speed etc.)

Thank you for reading!

jet100a
Initiate

Post by jet100a » February 19th, 2019, 8:17 pm

Ok, im really sorry,

I have literally no idea what is causing the stuttering, I just undid everything I had done before and am still experiencing it and have no idea why. Its always on the first character and even after the initial edits that I had done in the past to quirks, I had never had this stuttering problem, it seems to have come out of nowhere. Even early saves of my game has the issue, I hope I didn't send anyone on a wild goose chase. If you guys can replicate my problem then maybe we can figure it out but as of this moment I've tried everything I can think of, removing all items from his inventory, changing to different weapons, getting rid of all weapons, undoing all edits and quirk changes, removing all earlier saves (by cutting and pasting them somewhere else). The only thing I can think of it maybe removing all folders named "backup" (I made these folders with the edits safely inside so if the issue was ever fixed I could put my mods back). I'm out of ideas, if anyone wants to spitball me some ideas I would be all for it. Anything to fix this seemingly completely random issue. I'm gonna try updating my nvidia drivers and see what happens. Again I'm really sorry about that.

Thank you for reading

jet100a
Initiate

Post by jet100a » February 19th, 2019, 8:47 pm

Guys, I have literally no idea what this means at all,

I think I need to download some capture software because I am not sure if you guys will believe me but when I was doing some more testing after updating my drivers (just for context, didn't fix problem) I would initiate combat and after killing just one enemy (Human raider inside the Temple of Titan) the lag would disappear but only for the remainder of that turn. That's all I have so far, still have no idea why or how this stuttering appeared. I'm not even sure where to put these posts but I feel like they could be relevant to the mod? Or maybe the game just broke? Still not sure.

jet100a
Initiate

Post by jet100a » February 19th, 2019, 9:53 pm

Here is a video I made that shows the issue

https://youtu.be/-p2ECoNjiWU