Weapon Stats / Code

If you need assistance with a technical issue, this forum is for you. Specifically for help with Wasteland 2 itself. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

SaciDePatinete
Initiate

Weapon Stats / Code

Post by SaciDePatinete » January 25th, 2019, 6:17 pm

Not sure if this is the correct board, but surely my need is of technical help&knowledge... I would like to ask those with more experience how am I able to retrieve the coding of each weapon. I intend to edit the stats of each weapon to tune it to my own sense of balance (damage, AP cost per shot) and am already aware I must put the text files in a Import folder within "Mods" in the WL2_Data folder. However, I have no idea where I would retrieve the base code for each weapon, so I could paste it within the appropriate file, with the appropriate item ID as name. Anyone could help a modder wannabe figure out how to edit his game's weapon stats?

Thank you very much for your attention.

*Just an edit, since re-reading now, I don't think I made myself very clear (sorry for that... late night and my mind was already failing me... What I really would like to know is where I could find the base parameters for the weapons (ie: actionPointCost), so I could edit the MSON files properly.