Possible quest bug Highpool Kate Preston?

If you need assistance with a technical issue, this forum is for you. Specifically for help with Wasteland 2 itself. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Blacky
Explorer

Possible quest bug Highpool Kate Preston?

Post by Blacky » September 20th, 2014, 2:40 am

Highpool spoiler.

Fresh game, no previous beta install or saves.

I got a possible bug at Highpool, with the Kate Preston vote. I fixed things in the town before solving the water pressure issue: burning house, lost dog, tried to help at hospital but there's no skill or conversation tool to do so, then fixed the water pressure, vote is called, not enough sway. I kill the Wrecker base, still not enough sway.

Everyone is quite friendly, didn't hear a single negative opinion now. Still not enough sway for the vote.

Maybe I missed something to do around town, if that's so I'll keep checking.

But it feels like a script bug, that maybe I was supposed to hold on helping people until the first tied vote.

Can anyone confirm this either way?

If this i a bug, I got a save for the dev team.
Chez Blacky, jdr et autres
If things make sense in a real-world sense, I don’t think people give too much flak for it not being game-y enough, I think keeping the world sense together is the most important thing we can be doing.—Brian Fargo

Blacky
Explorer

Re: Possible quest bug Highpool Kate Preston?

Post by Blacky » September 20th, 2014, 2:51 am

Nevermind, healing the patients is in fact the trigger to sway the vote.

Use the Surgeon skill on each patient. Maybe some level in that skill required. Doesn't seem to need equipment.
Chez Blacky, jdr et autres
If things make sense in a real-world sense, I don’t think people give too much flak for it not being game-y enough, I think keeping the world sense together is the most important thing we can be doing.—Brian Fargo

artemisworks
Initiate

Post by artemisworks » January 24th, 2019, 3:12 am

This is an old OLD thread, but where do you find Kate Preston after you solve the irrigation/pressure quest in the underground?
I can't find her in Highpool anywhere.

Thanks!

Grohal
Master

Post by Grohal » January 24th, 2019, 10:30 am

artemisworks wrote:
January 24th, 2019, 3:12 am
This is an old OLD thread, but where do you find Kate Preston after you solve the irrigation/pressure quest in the underground?
I can't find her in Highpool anywhere.

Thanks!
She should be in the first room you enter, giving you some text and the running outside, waiting for the rangers. Then the voting for the new major starts and it is either her or this security guy winning (depending on how many quests you did and whom you helped in Highpool).
After that she is in the shop if I am not wrong.
Hell is no place, hell is a condition.