Wasteland 2: now with improved modding capabilities!

For community content (fan-art, fanfic, etcetera) for Wasteland 2.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Executor_
Scholar

Re: Wasteland 2: now with improved modding capabilities!

Post by Executor_ » July 27th, 2018, 1:26 pm

0.9.4u now available here.

UPDATED GAME BUG FIXES
  • message displayed after clicking on a skill statue could incorrectly state the number of points awarded
  • fixed UI error when adding a new perk while using the SkillBook Traits mod
  • in some cases, StatusEffect visual effects weren't being removed when the StatusEffect ended

0.9.5 progress report:
  • NPCs now have Attributes, Skills, working perks and quirks
  • NPCs have actual inventories and proper items and ammo, and can have weapon mods
  • NPCs can Precision Strike
  • NPCs generate their Attributes/Skills/Traits based on a StatsProfile
    • StatsProfile has dozens of variables to control what a NPC chooses
    • NPC looks at all weapons either equipped or in inventory and calculates a weapon score for each
      • max 3 weapons with highest scores are then used for selecting Skills and Traits (weighted based on relative weapon scores)
  • game difficulties now fully moddable
  • whole assortment of bug fixes, performance improvements, and other adjustments
A few screenshots:

Shadow Jack
Acolyte

Post by Shadow Jack » July 30th, 2018, 10:26 am

Thanks a lot for your effort! How do you think when 0.9.5 will be available for beta-testing?

Executor_
Scholar

Post by Executor_ » July 31st, 2018, 1:04 am

Not sure. Hopefully in a couple months. Major tasks still on my todo list are item durabilities and an ammo 'quality' system. I also need to make sure Leadership is working fine for NPCs, and do a rebalance pass on Attributes as Awareness is too critical right now.

Nikita-S-D
Initiate

Post by Nikita-S-D » August 2nd, 2018, 4:45 pm

Executor_ wrote:
July 31st, 2018, 1:04 am
Not sure. Hopefully in a couple months. Major tasks still on my todo list are item durabilities and an ammo 'quality' system. I also need to make sure Leadership is working fine for NPCs, and do a rebalance pass on Attributes as Awareness is too critical right now.
Hey there! Nice to see you back. i wonder if you are planing to make a clip system, like one we was talking about before?
Nikita-S-D wrote:
June 27th, 2018, 7:19 am
Going further with hard coding (I think it will be super-duper hard to make) you can make some weapons use not raw ammo but "clip" or "cartridge belt" for heavy weapons. So first you need to find "clips", then manually put ammo in it. For example, reload clip costs 2 AP, but put 1 ammo in clip costs 1 AP. So if you only have 1 clip with 10 bullets, and you empty it, you'll spend 1-10 AP, to load 1-10 ammo and +2 to load it in to your weapon in combat. But if you have 2-3 clips, you can switch them with 2 AP.

I think this will require adding new ItemTemplateType - "Clip". DerivedStatEnum - ActionPointCost_LoadClip and tons of coding and bugfixing, and ui tweaks.

Executor_
Scholar

Post by Executor_ » August 3rd, 2018, 5:36 am

Definitely not for 0.9.5. I've already got a lot on my plate and don't want to delay 0.9.5 any further. Implementing a clip system will entail extensive UI changes, and that always drags on longer than I'd like.

Shadow Jack
Acolyte

Post by Shadow Jack » November 23rd, 2018, 2:12 am

Hi Executor, as you might know I've published limited version of my mod(without Prison main quest changes)on Nexus, and Steam users have issues with file name too long error. Creating symbolic link does not always solves the problem. You still have to manually delete some folders.(e.g. C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Wasteland 2 Director's Cut/Build/WL2_Data/Mods/Import/LosAngeles\CA01_WattsTowers\Interactable\Drama\PropObject\InteractableObject\InteractableInventoryObject\InventoryObject_Sturdy\PassphraseInventoryObject_Sturdy'). Is there some solution other than creating symbolic link or manually deleting long folders?

Shadow Jack
Acolyte

Post by Shadow Jack » November 25th, 2018, 3:18 am

Never mind , I think I'll just recommend everyone to use custom folder - that should do the trick.

Executor_
Scholar

Post by Executor_ » November 27th, 2018, 2:16 am

Whenever 0.9.5 is finally finished, I'll have the mods folder location default to "C:/Wasteland 2" or the like because "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Wasteland 2 Director's Cut/Build/WL2_Data/" wastes a third of the character limit.

Shadow Jack
Acolyte

Post by Shadow Jack » November 27th, 2018, 7:41 am

Ok thanks, looking forward to try it)
I have several questions if you don't mind. Can you check your mail please?)

I am trying to alter tactical scope in such way that it would provide AP cost benefits depending of the distance to the target. I've tried to write something like this with no effect:
{
when : [ Situation.Target_BeyondOptimalRange ]
statName : actionPointCost_Attack
tooltipId : ""

subset : [ Situation.Target_BeyondOptimalRange ]
operation : Operation.Add
value : 4
}
Am I doing something wrong or is it not possible at all?

Thanks, SJ

Executor_
Scholar

Post by Executor_ » November 28th, 2018, 12:27 am

Sorry, not possible.

There's a bunch of DerivedStats that intentionally do not get any target Situations when being calculated. The value of actionPointCost_Attack can't vary based on target because on your characters' turns, the map tiles are colored green or yellow based on how far they can move and still attack. This requires that every target costs the same amount of AP to attack. Weapon ranges (pointBlankRange, optimalRange, attackRange) similarly ignore target Situations because it would cause UI issues.

Shadow Jack
Acolyte

Post by Shadow Jack » January 5th, 2019, 2:30 pm

Hi Executor, either I am doing something something wrong or I've found a bug.
I was trying to implement a camouflage mod. As a model I took Taunt trait but instead of "Situation.UnderLeader, Situation.Target_Hostile" I used "Situation.Target_RangedWeapon, Situation.Target_Hostile" condition. To test it I gave ridiculosly high penalties to the enemy's CtH but enemies have no problem hiting me, I however have 0% chance to hit. Please see my mson below.

{
displayName : "<@>Camouflage Pattern"
grammaticalName : "<@>(a/[COUNT]) gun sling(/s)"
description :"<@>Makes you hard to notice"

soundCategory : ""

atlas : militaryCamouflagePattern
spriteName : militaryCamouflagePattern
gridWidth : 1
gridHeight : 1
modSlot : Camouflage
maxStackSize : 1
partyNoDrop : false

tags : [ ] // ItemTags.Tags has list of keywords
tier : 1
price : 80
weight : 0.1
rare : true
junk : false

skillToRemove : 1
requiredStatValues : {
weaponSmith : 1
}

statModifiers : [
{
when : [ Situation.Target_RangedWeapon, Situation.Target_Hostile ]
statName : chanceToHit

subset : [ Situation.Always ]
operation : Operation.Multiply
value : 0.0
}
]
wsUByteToIncrement : "" // name of World State variable to increase when added to party inventory, decreased when removed
}

Executor_
Scholar

Post by Executor_ » January 7th, 2019, 10:39 am

0.9.4v now available here.

UPDATED GAME BUG FIXES
  • the Taunt line of perks was penalizing the player's squad along with the enemy
  • all item tooltips were incorrectly receiving the equipped item highlight (the orange border around the edges)

Shadow Jack wrote:
January 5th, 2019, 2:30 pm
Hi Executor, either I am doing something something wrong or I've found a bug.
I was trying to implement a camouflage mod. As a model I took Taunt trait but instead of "Situation.UnderLeader, Situation.Target_Hostile" I used "Situation.Target_RangedWeapon, Situation.Target_Hostile" condition. To test it I gave ridiculosly high penalties to the enemy's CtH but enemies have no problem hiting me, I however have 0% chance to hit. Please see my mson below.
Situation.UnderLeader is special; normally you can't affect enemy chanceToHit directly. However, you can raise the PC's evasion using chanceToEvade.

So something like this should work:

Code: Select all

{
			statName : chanceToEvade

value : 10
		}
	]

Shadow Jack
Acolyte

Post by Shadow Jack » January 7th, 2019, 12:51 pm

Thanks a lot!
Couple of questions as usual if you don't mind)

1. Is there some way to increase lethality of dehydratation?

2. Will something like this work for the armor (protect only one ranger that wears this armor from incoming ranged damage)?

{
statName : minDamage

value : -10
}
{
statName : maxDamage

value : -10
}
]

Executor_
Scholar

Post by Executor_ » January 7th, 2019, 4:52 pm

Shadow Jack wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 12:51 pm
1. Is there some way to increase lethality of dehydratation?
Not in 0.9.4.
Shadow Jack wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 12:51 pm
2. Will something like this work for the armor (protect only one ranger that wears this armor from incoming ranged damage)?
No, that would just lower the damage output of the character wearing the armor. You could try raising the 'armor' stat instead, which, depending on the attacker's armor penetration, would lower the damage taken.

Nikita-S-D
Initiate

Post by Nikita-S-D » January 14th, 2019, 8:02 am

Executor_ wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 10:39 am

UPDATED GAME BUG FIXES
  • the Taunt line of perks was penalizing the player's squad along with the enemy
  • all item tooltips were incorrectly receiving the equipped item highlight (the orange border around the edges)
New update! Thank you man, keep on going! :)

Shadow Jack
Acolyte

Post by Shadow Jack » January 25th, 2019, 10:31 am

Hi Executor,
in debug_import I keep getting error messages as below:
"G:/OneDrive/Mod/Mods/Import/MobTemplate/NPCTemplate/AZ6_Jaime.mson
Error [Line 44 at 'AICompou...derer'] Could not find a class named 'AICompoundAction_NPCWanderer'. Class Types are case-sensitive."
Game loads without issues so it does not really bother me, but maybe you'd like to know about it.

Executor_
Scholar

Post by Executor_ » January 26th, 2019, 3:15 am

I think I fixed that for 0.9.5. It's not really an issue in 0.9.4 either though, as the field will remain unchanged if there is an error. If you want to remove the error message from showing up in debug_import.txt, just delete that idleAI line from the override MSON. The override file only needs to include the fields that you are actually changing, otherwise you're just slowing down the map loading process slightly.

crimsoncorporation
Novice

Post by crimsoncorporation » February 4th, 2019, 4:50 am

Executor_ wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 10:39 am

UPDATED GAME BUG FIXES
Hi Executor_, first of all let me thank you for your outstanding work here! I really appreciate it.

I thought I'd list a few bugs that I've come across playing your most recent 0.9.4v build, I hope that's helpful.
  • When the Slayer perk activates on a Ranger that still has to close the distance to the target, combat gets stuck - the Ranger never moves, and it's impossible to do anything else except quit combat.
  • Combat music: In Arizona it's very often the case that the combat music only stops after I have visited the inventory screen of a character (after combat has concluded). Then it usually starts to fade. In California it's the same, but in addition I also have to visit inventory to get the combat music started.
  • Scotchmo only steals Squeezins from the 4 original Rangers, never from the other companions. Arguably a feature and not a bug, but it does seem inconsistent at the very least.
  • When entering the Titan of Canyon, Jill and her crew turned hostile after a botched surgery. Her cows then also turn hostile. So far, so intended, but I also had brought along a cow as an animal companion for Vulture's Cry. This cow also turned hostile. After combat the cow still followed Vulture's Cry around, and the Cattle Drive bonus was still received, but the cow remained hostile. If Vulture's Cry was positioned next to the cow during subsequent combats, she always received the Under Pressure penalty. It was also impossible to talk to the cow, to praise/rename/release her.

Executor_
Scholar

Post by Executor_ » February 4th, 2019, 2:34 pm

0.9.4w now available here.

UPDATED GAME BUG FIXES
  • fixed crash when Trait_Slayer procs while not adjacent to the target
BASE GAME BUG FIXES
  • hostile party followers will have their hate reset when a savegame is loaded

I couldn't replicate the combat music issue. I don't think I've made any changes to that code, so it might be a base game bug. Could you send me a savegame with the problem? executor115@hotmail.com

I'll look into properly fixing the AZ5_Jill/AZ5_Howdy Dramas turning animal companions hostile for 0.9.5. For now, the above workaround should suffice. Although I wouldn't mind you sending me a savegame with the hostile cow just to confirm the workaround functions properly.

Stealing from any other party member is one of the changes I've already made to CNPC stealing for 0.9.5, along with a few other adjustments.

jet100a
Initiate

Post by jet100a » February 6th, 2019, 8:41 pm

Hello all, I'm trying to remove the level cap (In Wasteland 2 Director's cut) and have leveling either go on forever or be so high I couldn't reach it in a lifetime. I think I found a leveling table but it seems that the experience required for each level was manually set in the code and not calculated by some equation. Is there a way to maybe use something like Microsoft excel to keep adding on to the table until level 15000 or something? Or maybe a way to add an equation to calculate levels? I have no modding or excel experience. All of my attempts at trying to copy and paste an extended table from Microsoft excel into the wasteland 2 directors cut leveling table have broken the formatting. I would try to add more details to this post but I'm currently out at the moment so as soon as I get back home I'll try and give more info.