Unable to exit a street in Skara Brae Above

If you need assistance with a technical is sue with The Bard's Tale IV, this forum is for you. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Hawat
Initiate

Unable to exit a street in Skara Brae Above

Post by Hawat » December 23rd, 2018, 10:24 am

Dear all,

I have played the for a few hours now without a problem.

In Skara Brae Above, I found a street blocked by a barricade of crates. Behind the barricade a saw a staircase leading to the docks. I was able to get past the barricade quite easily but then I saw that the staircase was also blocked by a second barricade. I was unable to get past this second barricade and now I am unable to cross back the first barricade to continue my exploration. I am stuck in this street.

I have included a copy of the map where this has happened and two screenshots from the street in question.

As I have saved 4 hours before I crossed the barricade I do not feel like playing all this again. Is there a solution to get out of the street like a noclip code or something?

Thank you for your help.

Dork Mage
Scholar

Re: Unable to exit a street in Skara Brae Above

Post by Dork Mage » December 25th, 2018, 12:28 pm

Been there... done that. I was able to get out after a few minutes of trying different movements - going out backwards or sideways - don't remember which.