Slinking Assault - No Sideways movement?

If you need assistance with a technical is sue with The Bard's Tale IV, this forum is for you. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Leg0block
Initiate

Slinking Assault - No Sideways movement?

Post by Leg0block » December 16th, 2018, 2:40 pm

Initially in the game (Skara Brae, early Baedish Lowlands) Wringneck and Crux both had Slinking Assault and both could use it to move to another position or swap positions with an ally in the back row. At some point later (around the Sentry Tower) I noticed that Crux could still move side-to-side, but Wringneck and the other rogue I picked up can only move straight back with this ability. I don't get the option to place them, they just move straight back. (Or go nowhere if they're in the back row.) Even the descriptions on the abilities are different, with Crux's saying he can move anywhere in the back row, and Wringneck's only saying that he can move backward. '

What gives? Why did the exact same ability start behaving differently?? This is pretty annoying since I used position swapping quite liberally early to drop massive damage on one target.

Loswaith
Novice

Re: Slinking Assault - No Sideways movement?

Post by Loswaith » December 21st, 2018, 10:27 pm

One type of dagger actually lets you go anywhere onto the backline using that skill, while the inherent skill only pushes you backwards.