Elven Puzzle Weapon Guide - How to unlock all 3 stages

For Bard's Tale IV gameplay-related discussion. May include gameplay details and spoilers.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

VaniverseGaming
Initiate

Elven Puzzle Weapon Guide - How to unlock all 3 stages

Post by VaniverseGaming » September 28th, 2018, 12:29 pm

Hello,

I have scoured the internet and also looked on the boards, and it looks like everyone is having the same problem I did with Puzzle weapons. I figured them out and decided to make a video on how they work. Feel free to check it our if you are having trouble.

https://youtu.be/EjdYw5MjTm8

Cheers!

VaniverseGaming

Marxorz
Novice

Re: Elven Puzzle Weapon Guide - How to unlock all 3 stages

Post by Marxorz » September 30th, 2018, 10:04 am

Thanks for this! I'm close to the end of the game (currently in Castle Langskaal) and I've just been skipping those eleven weapon shrines because I didn't know what they were for. I thought they were some kind of thing like the rune-wheel puzzles that you had to figure out... but apparently they're forehead-smackingly easy, just the game never tells you. :P

DSCrankshaw
Novice

Post by DSCrankshaw » September 30th, 2018, 5:05 pm

This game loves its puzzles, and doesn't like to give hints. I first realized how to use the shrines when I read the poem on a weapon and realized it exactly matched the poem on one of the shrines. I might have easily overlooked it.

epitaxial
Initiate

Post by epitaxial » September 30th, 2018, 9:18 pm

Thanks for the video. I now look at ALL weapons that are either looted or sold by a vendor. :)