Guardian Ability - is it detrimental?

For Bard's Tale IV gameplay-related discussion. May include gameplay details and spoilers.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

pjolterbeist
Initiate

Guardian Ability - is it detrimental?

Post by pjolterbeist » September 30th, 2018, 11:38 am

I just got the Guardian ability for my fighter, and now he dies all the time. The enemy hits a weak character, and the 50% damage transfer happens after armor reduction... so instead of being a super tank he is now super squishy. Is this intended? It seems really weird to give the opponent a way to automatically bypass his 15 Armor.

Should I just reload an earlier save form before I picked that ability?

Hieronymous Alloy
Acolyte

Re: Guardian Ability - is it detrimental?

Post by Hieronymous Alloy » September 30th, 2018, 12:12 pm

It can be useful if backliners are very fragile. Can also give the healer a single target to focus healing on. It's worth taking but only very late game I think once you have support for it in place.

RaughKee
Initiate

Post by RaughKee » September 30th, 2018, 5:52 pm

I’m around level 20 and for the last few levels the enemy never seems to even get a turn, let alone hurt anyone. I gave this to my fighter, but the rogue ability to conceal the party is pretty OP and allows my team to lay waste to the opposition.

Fashtas
Initiate

Post by Fashtas » October 1st, 2018, 12:43 am

The guardian ability is very useful for a narrow period of time before you get so powerful that the other side never gets a turn anyway.

Prior to getting it I could occasionally lose a back row practitioner if they were focus fired by archers or something. Once I got it, I never lost anyone again (that I can remember)

Worth getting