Any one know how to re-spec?

For all Bard's Tale IV discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Eirynfox
Initiate

Re: Any one know how to re-spec?

Post by Eirynfox » September 25th, 2018, 1:14 am

Lanatir wrote:
September 21st, 2018, 10:31 pm
Eirynfox wrote:
September 21st, 2018, 9:02 pm
Ugh, so people complained about re-spec? Then they took this out because people complained? Wow. I'm amazed. If people don't want it then don't use it! Why take it out when others needed it?
Maybe a better idea would have been putting it into easy mode and taking it out of hard mode? So many better options than just removing it all together.
No, people said they didnt want FREE respecs, so INXILE announced that in the game there would be respecs for mercenary tokens. And, as usual, they didnt follow up on their announcement, instead completely removed the option to respec unannounced, and are now blaming the backers for the removal. THAT is the story.
No, I stand by what I said.
people did complain about re-spec - the complaint was that they didn't want them to be free.

thebruce
Forum Moderator

Post by thebruce » September 25th, 2018, 6:10 am

Eirynfox wrote:
September 25th, 2018, 1:14 am
Lanatir wrote:
Eirynfox wrote:
September 21st, 2018, 9:02 pm
Ugh, so people complained about re-spec? Then they took this out because people complained? Wow. I'm amazed. If people don't want it then don't use it! Why take it out when others needed it?
Maybe a better idea would have been putting it into easy mode and taking it out of hard mode? So many better options than just removing it all together.
No, people said they didnt want FREE respecs, so INXILE announced that in the game there would be respecs for mercenary tokens. And, as usual, they didnt follow up on their announcement, instead completely removed the option to respec unannounced, and are now blaming the backers for the removal. THAT is the story.
people did complain about re-spec - the complaint was that they didn't want them to be free.
Just to be clear, that's not what you said (nothing about being free in your initial comment) which prompted Lanatir's response.
Visit BardsTaleOnline.com - your community Bard's Tale classic RPG resource!
Twitter: @BardsTaleOnline / Facebook: Bards.Tale.Online
@thebruce0

Marthos
Novice

Post by Marthos » September 25th, 2018, 10:34 pm

You can respec in this game - sort of, with a mercenary token. Use the token, select the class you want to respect, and allocate the skills the way you want. Problem with that is you can sometimes get a character special skills, and those won't be available on the new character. Plus, it's a bit silly to have to do this way...I think you should just be able to use a merc token to respect an existing character. that way you can save their appearance, voice, etc.

Eirynfox
Initiate

Post by Eirynfox » September 28th, 2018, 5:47 am

thebruce wrote:
September 25th, 2018, 6:10 am
Eirynfox wrote:
September 25th, 2018, 1:14 am
Lanatir wrote:

Just to be clear, that's not what you said (nothing about being free in your initial comment) which prompted Lanatir's response.
Thank you for the clarity, I understood that I didn't say that in the initial comment and that was what prompted Lanitar's response. I was having a bad day. My apologies if I have offended someone.
They seemed to be saying my statements were wrong when it was just broad.
Just to draw this out more, because Its possible it needs clarity if a mod is commenting.
I was making a point about being told I was wrong - My initial comment was broad and was technically correct - the best kind of correct ;) . I was pointing this out with my follow up statement that people did complain (because of what Lanitar said). I didn't feel the need to be repetitive in my original statement that was making a generalisation, but lanitar must have felt it necessary to repeat it by making their post after mine.
being told "No" at the start of his statement as a dismissal of my statement wasn't necessary and I took a little offence at the patronizing 'tone'.
however, I'm enjoying that this subject is getting a bump because I would really love to see re-spec re-introduced! :D

Dork Mage
Scholar

Post by Dork Mage » December 22nd, 2018, 11:16 am

Re-spec was added to latest version - 4.18.3-109511

Go to the review board at the Adventurer's Guild, use a mercenary token to re-spec an existing character.

tarlach
Initiate

Post by tarlach » December 29th, 2018, 8:20 pm

Are there limits on the number of tokens you can get? I read elsewhere there are only about 11 tokens. I've never been a big fan or limited respecs as it's fun trying new builds.