BUG? Gear puzzle in fire room (The Best of Us)

For Bard's Tale IV gameplay-related discussion. May include gameplay details and spoilers.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Post Reply
HPStarcraft
Initiate
Posts: 2
Joined: September 21st, 2018, 5:00 pm

BUG? Gear puzzle in fire room (The Best of Us)

Post by HPStarcraft » September 21st, 2018, 5:08 pm

I'm trapped in the room. I can get the fire to stop, but the door won't open. Has anyone gotten past this in the gold (non-beta) version of the game? I'm super frustrated.

Ragnar Iceblood
Initiate
Posts: 17
Joined: September 22nd, 2018, 3:05 am

Re: BUG? Gear puzzle in fire room (The Best of Us)

Post by Ragnar Iceblood » September 22nd, 2018, 3:07 am

Keep moving the gears around, a certain combination opens the barriers to the skull/head thingy.

Cogs
Initiate
Posts: 2
Joined: September 22nd, 2018, 6:23 am

Re: BUG? Gear puzzle in fire room (The Best of Us)

Post by Cogs » September 22nd, 2018, 6:30 am

I have the same problem! In addition to that, since I saved and logged out there...the next time I logged in, the bridges had reset?!?! I mean...come on guys, such a lovely game..but riddled with problems like that which makes it hard to muster the desire to go on!

Im guessing tho, that solving the gear riddle would open the blocked room with the head in it, thus allowing escape there. Would require for the puzzle to work tho!

User avatar
Hawkeye
Novice
Posts: 46
Joined: March 17th, 2012, 4:29 am

Re: BUG? Gear puzzle in fire room (The Best of Us)

Post by Hawkeye » September 22nd, 2018, 6:44 am

The key to those puzzles is, that only the "sun" wheel has to keep rotating, while all the red ones have to be stopped.

This one is a bit tricky, but it's possible.

1. turn the block next to the gears in a way, it can't light you on fire
2. She "sun" wheel must be horizontally connected to the one in the center
3. The lower red one and the two lower yellow ones form a line with the one on the bar up "in the air" --> the red one runs
4. Now move the red one up (it will still run)
5. Now move the yellow one on the bar away and the red one will stop

Probably not too easy to understand but that's the best I can do.
Of course I belive in peace - peace through superior firepower

Cogs
Initiate
Posts: 2
Joined: September 22nd, 2018, 6:23 am

Re: BUG? Gear puzzle in fire room (The Best of Us)

Post by Cogs » September 22nd, 2018, 6:53 am

Hawkeye!! You are a star...it worked, and my assumption was right...escape was possible thru that headstone room! Thank you :)

Telstar
Initiate
Posts: 15
Joined: September 20th, 2018, 4:30 pm

Re: BUG? Gear puzzle in fire room (The Best of Us)

Post by Telstar » September 22nd, 2018, 7:29 am

Hawkeye wrote:
September 22nd, 2018, 6:44 am
The key to those puzzles is, that only the "sun" wheel has to keep rotating, while all the red ones have to be stopped.
Why other people said before that all wheels had to stop? It must have been so in the beta.
Going to try this today.

SoulPL
Initiate
Posts: 6
Joined: September 22nd, 2018, 7:41 am

Re: BUG? Gear puzzle in fire room (The Best of Us)

Post by SoulPL » September 22nd, 2018, 7:44 am

HPStarcraft wrote:
September 21st, 2018, 5:08 pm
I'm trapped in the room. I can get the fire to stop, but the door won't open. Has anyone gotten past this in the gold (non-beta) version of the game? I'm super frustrated.
here you got video solution https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWHfjKwDd6I

and in the end it should look like this:
Image
Last edited by SoulPL on September 22nd, 2018, 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Telstar
Initiate
Posts: 15
Joined: September 20th, 2018, 4:30 pm

Re: BUG? Gear puzzle in fire room (The Best of Us)

Post by Telstar » September 22nd, 2018, 7:47 am

Sorry but your indications seem to refer to the OLD gear. In the retail versions shipped on GOG, the gear looks like this: there is no center wheel and no way that would make the "sun" wheel would move. Look:

Image

User avatar
Lord of Riva
Adventurer
Posts: 964
Joined: October 14th, 2014, 10:18 am

Re: BUG? Gear puzzle in fire room (The Best of Us)

Post by Lord of Riva » September 22nd, 2018, 9:06 am

Telstar wrote:
September 22nd, 2018, 7:47 am
Sorry but your indications seem to refer to the OLD gear. In the retail versions shipped on GOG, the gear looks like this: there is no center wheel and no way that would make the "sun" wheel would move. Look:

Image
This isnt entirely true, the wheel worked for me perfectly fine and im playing on GoG. That said this issue was brought up before i hope they fix it soon.

Telstar
Initiate
Posts: 15
Joined: September 20th, 2018, 4:30 pm

Re: BUG? Gear puzzle in fire room (The Best of Us)

Post by Telstar » September 22nd, 2018, 12:58 pm

Look at the pictures. They are DIFFERENT gears. I have no idea why it was changed and I wasted 4 days (few minutes a day is enough) trying to make it work but it's obviously broken.

Not asking a refund because I was a late backer and got it 9€ cheaper than from gog or steam, and because I know such things happen. I just blame inXile for bad playtesting.

HPStarcraft
Initiate
Posts: 2
Joined: September 21st, 2018, 5:00 pm

Re: BUG? Gear puzzle in fire room (The Best of Us)

Post by HPStarcraft » September 25th, 2018, 10:22 pm

Uninstalled and started DIVINITY 2. Much better game.

Dragomyr
Initiate
Posts: 1
Joined: September 29th, 2018, 2:42 pm

Re: BUG? Gear puzzle in fire room (The Best of Us)

Post by Dragomyr » September 29th, 2018, 2:57 pm

Lord of Riva wrote:
September 22nd, 2018, 9:06 am
Telstar wrote:
September 22nd, 2018, 7:47 am
Sorry but your indications seem to refer to the OLD gear. In the retail versions shipped on GOG, the gear looks like this: there is no center wheel and no way that would make the "sun" wheel would move. Look:

Image
This isnt entirely true, the wheel worked for me perfectly fine and im playing on GoG. That said this issue was brought up before i hope they fix it soon.
I've got the same bug !!!
Can't get out of there !!!
Why there is missing wheel ???
Do i need to re-start the game ???

Thanks.

carpe_tao
Initiate
Posts: 2
Joined: December 18th, 2018, 4:30 pm

Re: BUG? Gear puzzle in fire room (The Best of Us)

Post by carpe_tao » December 18th, 2018, 4:32 pm

I'm having the exact same issue. Since this thread hasn't been touched since September, I'm guessing it's a bug that's being ignored. Color me disappointed.

User avatar
phimseto
Developer
Posts: 819
Joined: April 18th, 2012, 7:01 am

Re: BUG? Gear puzzle in fire room (The Best of Us)

Post by phimseto » December 18th, 2018, 5:24 pm

carpe_tao wrote:
December 18th, 2018, 4:32 pm
I'm having the exact same issue. Since this thread hasn't been touched since September, I'm guessing it's a bug that's being ignored. Color me disappointed.
The bug was addressed in a prior patch. Is your game fully up to date?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests