Proper tier backer keys

For all Bard's Tale IV discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Tarhiel
Acolyte

Proper tier backer keys

Post by Tarhiel » September 18th, 2018, 11:01 pm

Hello InXile,

I have backed Bard´s Tale IV on the Ultimate Digital tier and got my GOG key yesterday. When the game was released yesterday, I found out we, as a backers, have only access to standard edition of the game, all the extras we have to download through CrowdOx?

I don´t understand why you´re going with this road again, when the same problem arose with Tides of Numenera, backers, me included, wanted the appropriate available edition - that was the reason why I backed the T:ToN on the ultimate digital level, and the same goes for Bard´s Tale.

I specifically backed them at the ultimate digital level because I expected to get an Ultimate Edition key.
I don´t want to download extras from some third party site, this is why I backed the game, to have everything in one place, be it Steam or GOG.

Would it be possible to add upgrades tier/ add the extras to backer keys, please?
I know that at least on GOG backers have different keys than others, so it´s shouldn´t be such a problem.

Thank you.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing (George Bernard Shaw)

Centaur
Acolyte

Re: Proper tier backer keys

Post by Centaur » September 18th, 2018, 11:51 pm

I'm all with you on this. As is, it feels like we, as early supporters, are punished instead of rewarded for helping this game become a reality.
Those who purchase the game today get everything on one account, but inXile isn't prepared to go the extra mile to ensure that we get that same treatment?
The mess with the key distribution the past few days is something I can forgive. But I definitely DO want my extras on the same account as my game, and not separately on a Crowdox account (or in an email).
If this particular issue doesn't get resolved, that will definitely be the last time I back/pre-order anything from inXile.

Darkness Muta
Initiate

Post by Darkness Muta » September 18th, 2018, 11:56 pm

I am still waiting on my DLC backer extras email and was a day 1 Kickstarter backer so I cannot even start playing the game yet. They really should have just sent everyone the Ultimate Edition keys since it seems all Kickstarter tiers were entitled to mostly all those same items listed for that edition.

Going by what others have said you get a bunch of links in that email but now you have to worry about CrowdOx shutting down at some point or just abandoning the web hosting for those links so it would mean you would lose access to them in the future. At least if they gave everyone the Upgrade key to the package we were supposed to get you would have all those items always tied to your Steam/GOG account and could access them at any time with no worry about losing items you paid for.

DNACowboy
Scholar

Post by DNACowboy » September 19th, 2018, 12:39 am

I also invested a lot in the game and have yet to receive anything but the standard cheapest digital edition. As a real fan of Bards Tale and a true fan of this particular game I am astonished at this rollout. I am starting to believe all the cash beyond the base $29.99 was a waste of time and investment. Why I have not received my physical items nor my digital extras is beyond me.

ed. ignore the above re digital items, I have successfully received my 'digital rewards' email, just waiting on my physical items now.
Last edited by DNACowboy on September 19th, 2018, 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
This poster receives no commercial consideration or work from Inxile, he truly believes Bards Tale IV: Barrows Deep to be a great game and one he enjoys on a daily basis

Themadcow
Explorer

Post by Themadcow » September 19th, 2018, 1:14 am

DNACowboy wrote:
September 19th, 2018, 12:39 am
I also invested a lot in the game and have yet to receive anything but the standard cheapest digital edition. As a real fan of Bards Tale and a true fan of this particular game I am astonished at this rollout. I am starting to believe all the cash beyond the base $29.99 was a waste of time and investment. Why I have not received my physical items nor my digital extras is beyond me.
Jesus, even the lead cheerleader is hacked off. That's when you know inXile have botched things up.

Personally I backed at the $110 level and feel doubly hacked off - both in terms of the final game (not to mention the FOV sickness issues) and the way it's been distributed. Thank god they (Krome) did a decent job on the remaster.
~~~ CPC's - Getting in the way of fun gameplay since 1998 ~~~

SirJoe71
Initiate

Post by SirJoe71 » September 19th, 2018, 1:24 am

you will receive a E-mail with a virtual card with in it a 4 in 1 code to redeem inside the game (option menù). This for the in game extras.

All other extras are as direct link directly from that E-mail

DNACowboy
Scholar

Post by DNACowboy » September 19th, 2018, 1:26 am

Themadcow wrote:
September 19th, 2018, 1:14 am
DNACowboy wrote:
September 19th, 2018, 12:39 am
Jesus, even the lead cheerleader is hacked off. That's when you know inXile have botched things up.
Jeeze, you got me, here I am at last years Inxile Christmas party:

ed, My digital rewards HAVE arrived, the email was sent to my work addy
Last edited by DNACowboy on September 19th, 2018, 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
This poster receives no commercial consideration or work from Inxile, he truly believes Bards Tale IV: Barrows Deep to be a great game and one he enjoys on a daily basis

Themadcow
Explorer

Post by Themadcow » September 19th, 2018, 1:27 am

Nice hair. Not sure about the pom poms.
~~~ CPC's - Getting in the way of fun gameplay since 1998 ~~~

DNACowboy
Scholar

Post by DNACowboy » September 19th, 2018, 1:43 am

Themadcow wrote:
September 19th, 2018, 1:27 am
Nice hair. Not sure about the pom poms.
:lol: :lol:

outsidefactor
Novice

Post by outsidefactor » September 19th, 2018, 2:32 am

While it's great that "We are actively investigating this and working on fixes to get your goodies as soon as possible." fixing a problem is too late if you want credit.

If you want credit for the effort put it in before it becomes a problem so it never becomes one. 'Prevention is better than any cure'

I am thoroughly disappointed with the day 0 issues. There is no excuse, and fixing the issue is, quite literally, the least they should do. Given the late delivery, fraught development and fractured community, this mistake is really, really, really stupid, as the current review score on Steam reveals.

A terrible way to screw up at the finish line, to steal defeat from the jaws of victory and give an already reeling community one more boot to the crotch.

Loswaith
Novice

Post by Loswaith » September 19th, 2018, 2:56 am

I found that the GoG key doesn't even seem to be the standard edition and rather a "Bard's Tale IV Keys for Kickstarter Backers" (or so it says), and it credited the cost as much larger than even the deluxe version ($136.09AUD vs the deluxe $94.99AUD), while it has no manual, code wheel or even the guide book in the goodies part of the game section (where those things usually reside) that are part of the standard edition.

All in all I'm confused as to what version we got overall.

Centaur
Acolyte

Post by Centaur » September 19th, 2018, 3:31 am

Loswaith wrote:
September 19th, 2018, 2:56 am
We get the barebones version... game only, no extras. Everything else is supplied as download links in a separate email.
Extremely disappointing...

Skysect
Novice

Post by Skysect » September 19th, 2018, 3:38 am

Yep I wrote many messages about it on here and on Steam. Devs are even didn't clearly respond. They are only saying we are working on remedy everyone could get their exact tier. We are contacted with Xsolla/CrowdOx . Like you I am asking for proper GOG tier upgrade but they are probably talking about that crappy email. It's going to be real nightmare :(

Skysect
Novice

Post by Skysect » September 19th, 2018, 6:43 am

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=19366

OK new thread it seems we won't getting anything. Awesome. So why wrote this today ? WTF ? Really ? I bought it twice for nothing. BS

Loswaith
Novice

Post by Loswaith » September 20th, 2018, 12:22 am

Centaur wrote:
September 19th, 2018, 3:31 am
Loswaith wrote:
September 19th, 2018, 2:56 am
We get the barebones version... game only, no extras. Everything else is supplied as download links in a separate email.
Extremely disappointing...
Had we got the standard version (that every backer that got the game chose) then the rest sent as extras via crowdOx, I could understand, but we don't even get the game manual and code wheel tied to our download (not to mention what was meant to be a special guide book is on all options now as well).

Defiantly disappointed with the role-out.

Centaur
Acolyte

Post by Centaur » September 20th, 2018, 12:39 am

Loswaith wrote:
September 20th, 2018, 12:22 am
Had we got the standard version (that every backer that got the game chose) then the rest sent as extras via crowdOx, I could understand...
Well, if we had received a standard edition key, it would be very difficult to differentiate the backer keys from the regular purchase keys.
The good news is, backer keys are now easily identifiable, which also means that they should be able to upgrade them and add all the digital extras to our Steam/GoG account... as it should have been.

shmerl
Explorer

Post by shmerl » September 20th, 2018, 1:09 am

Loswaith
Novice

Post by Loswaith » September 20th, 2018, 2:00 am

Centaur wrote:
September 20th, 2018, 12:39 am
Loswaith wrote:
September 20th, 2018, 12:22 am
Had we got the standard version (that every backer that got the game chose) then the rest sent as extras via crowdOx, I could understand...
Well, if we had received a standard edition key, it would be very difficult to differentiate the backer keys from the regular purchase keys.
The good news is, backer keys are now easily identifiable, which also means that they should be able to upgrade them and add all the digital extras to our Steam/GoG account... as it should have been.
There in lies the point, they shouldn't be different (as it is now the backers get what is perceived as less than the others), the difference is in the kickstarter extras that crowdOx handles, which normal purchases wont even be a part of making it far easier to differentiate where it matters. Once it is on GoG or steam there should be no difference between a backer or a purchaser as far as those systems are concerned.

Here is hoping that they do update the backers.

Centaur
Acolyte

Post by Centaur » September 20th, 2018, 2:58 am

Loswaith wrote:
September 20th, 2018, 2:00 am
There in lies the point, they shouldn't be different (as it is now the backers get what is perceived as less than the others), the difference is in the kickstarter extras that crowdOx handles, which normal purchases wont even be a part of making it far easier to differentiate where it matters. Once it is on GoG or steam there should be no difference between a backer or a purchaser as far as those systems are concerned.
Well, it's quite normal that backers get a special key that is easy to differentiate from the "standard" keys... for example Larian did that too, with Divinity Original Sin 2. That also makes it easier to supply backer-exclusive extras. And yes, that makes it possible that they add those "kickstarter extras that crowdOx handles" to our Steam/GoG account... as it should have been. Having those extras only on Crowdox (and in an email) is a temporary workaround at best, definitely not suitable as the final solution.
That said, I agree with you in as far as we should, right from the very start, at least have had the same content as the standard edition. That is the minimum content that all backers have in common.