Songbooks?

For all Bard's Tale IV discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

ocg80
Initiate

Songbooks?

Post by ocg80 » September 18th, 2018, 6:30 pm

Hi, I was wondering if there's anyway to get the songbooks aside from purchasing a new copy of the game. I paid just as much over a year ago to kickstart this game as you would to get a Premium edition on release date, so I'm kinda disappointed that they didn't come with my game!

Orpheus the Bard
Explorer

Re: Songbooks?

Post by Orpheus the Bard » September 19th, 2018, 1:45 am

I'm disappointed I need a working copy of WinZip to open mine. I swear every time I buy Win-Zip and for a year. I need to buy another copy before 12 months have passed by. Which is a rip-off.

ocg80
Initiate

Post by ocg80 » September 19th, 2018, 3:46 am

I'm disappointed that they've had my cash for over a year, closer to two years, and they give me less than I would have gotten if I held onto my money. For my $50 I should have gotten the Premium game, not the standard edition, since that's what they're charging everyone now

thebruce
Forum Moderator

Post by thebruce » September 19th, 2018, 6:18 am

Orpheus you shouldn't need to purchsae Winzip to open zip files in Windows.... at worst, you could download winrar as it handled rar and zip, but zip support should be built into windows.
Visit BardsTaleOnline.com - your community Bard's Tale classic RPG resource!
Twitter: @BardsTaleOnline / Facebook: Bards.Tale.Online
@thebruce0

Orpheus the Bard
Explorer

Post by Orpheus the Bard » September 19th, 2018, 9:35 am

thebruce wrote: ↑
September 19th, 2018, 6:18 am
Orpheus you shouldn't need to purchsae Winzip to open zip files in Windows.... at worst, you could download winrar as it handled rar and zip, but zip support should be built into windows.
I'll check out Win-Rar when I get back to my computer. Right now, I those files were opened by the still operating Zip ware on this one.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » September 19th, 2018, 2:57 pm

Or 7zip. There's dozens of free programs to compress and decompress files. And every version of Windows since ME or so have been able to do .zip natively.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

shmerl
Explorer

Post by shmerl » September 19th, 2018, 8:26 pm

How can one get a songbook if it's not part of the backer tier?