Battletech Kickstarter

For general discussion of inXile and our games.

Moderator: SagaDC

Drool
Forum Moderator

Re: Battletech Kickstarter

Post by Drool »

My favorite was still the suicide mech of my brother's design. No heat sinks. Every possible slot filled with PPCs and that MASQ speed thing. Run up, fire everything, kill the enemy when your reactor exploded :P
Alwa nasci korliri das.
SagaDC
Global Moderator

Post by SagaDC »

Ah, PPCs. I can't wait for the mechbay feature to be implemented, so I can outfit every single one of my mechs with those glorious things. :)
Woolfe
Supreme Jerk

Post by Woolfe »

Jenner Packed with Medium lasers, Rip out the SRM and fill up any excess space with heatsinks.

One of them constantly circling and shooting you in the arse is not pleasant.
Incidentally in the old Mechwarrior 2 pc Game, if you were good enough using a Medium laser filled jenner, you could take out an entire Heavy lance. Especially if any of them were Marauders. :-)

Also, I have found one crap element with the game. No Waypoints when selecting movement. This is painful for 2 reasons.
First the Pathing is a bit annoying. Its pretty good, but there were times that I wanted to get to a certain point facing a certain direction, and even using the change heading element, I couldn't quite get what I needed.
Second, Light mechs rely on speed to not get hit. The way the TT and the Game work out how fast you are moving is based on hexes moved through. If the Auto pathing moves you to the spot in 4 hexes, instead of allowing you to run around the full 12 move rate, then you don't get the full bonus, and nasty big mech turns around and shoots you.

Also.... Fire Arc is a bit confusing... It doesn't appear that Arms have different arcs to the rest of the torso based weapons.

Still a lot of fun though... Although the stock Commandos SUCK. Every one I have used has been killed or severely damaged in about 2 shots. :-(
It's not too late. Make it Eight!
Godfather101
Explorer

Post by Godfather101 »

Yeah, my Commando got killed with the second hit he took.
But still its a Beta, i think there will be things added like waypoints and all of the stuff will be refined to a point
where its near perfection.

So i'm looking forward to the finished game, i like the Beta a lot.
Lord of Riva
Adventurer

Post by Lord of Riva »

SagaDC wrote: June 14th, 2017, 8:57 pm Ah, PPCs. I can't wait for the mechbay feature to be implemented, so I can outfit every single one of my mechs with those glorious things. :)
they are using the mwo hardpoint system though which is rather limiting in that regard

EDIT:
Also.... Fire Arc is a bit confusing... It doesn't appear that Arms have different arcs to the rest of the torso based weapons.
no, but afaik the firing arc is depening on the chassis, so an urbie has a different arc than a catapult.
Woolfe
Supreme Jerk

Post by Woolfe »

Lord of Riva wrote: June 15th, 2017, 3:00 am
SagaDC wrote: June 14th, 2017, 8:57 pm Ah, PPCs. I can't wait for the mechbay feature to be implemented, so I can outfit every single one of my mechs with those glorious things. :)
they are using the mwo hardpoint system though which is rather limiting in that regard

EDIT:
no, but afaik the firing arc is depening on the chassis, so an urbie has a different arc than a catapult.
In the game? Sure, but that is still based on the torso of the mech and if the arms are fixed.

Articulated arms used to be able to fire on more of an angle. Its not a huge thing, it's just one of the main reasons arms existed over the more heavily armoured torso.

Also the weapon damages are kind of freaking me out. AC/10 is a lot more powerful than it should be, and the PPC is weaker. Ac/20 doesn't feel like the biggest nastiest gun.

And Melee seems to be way more common. In the TT I hardly ever used melee, in this its worth punching on. Also its kind of annoying that you can still punch even when missing an arm...
Lord of Riva
Adventurer

Post by Lord of Riva »

yeh im not a beta backer mind you. The ACs were buffed due to the fact that ammo explosions existed, this made energy weapons supposedly too good also the lower end ACs 2/5 were seemingly just too weak.
Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool »

Well, AC2s and 5s were never very strong, they just had ridiculous range.
Alwa nasci korliri das.
SagaDC
Global Moderator

Post by SagaDC »

Apparently Harebrained Schemes is being sued by Harmony Gold, the company that holds the Robotech license. They're claiming that three of the mech designs in particular are too similar to designs featured in the Robotech IP.

This isn't the first time that Jordan Weisman has had to fight Harmony Gold in court, and past legal conflicts were generally settled out-of-court.

Harmony Gold is known for suing other Battletech-related projects in the past for similar reasons. At the moment, they're also suing Piranha Games, the developers who are currently working on Mechwarrior 5.
Woolfe
Supreme Jerk

Post by Woolfe »

I despise Harmony Gold with a passion.

Return to “General Discussion”