Inifere Redemption? {Spoilers}

Check here to discuss Torment's gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

mentaltyranny
Initiate

Inifere Redemption? {Spoilers}

Post by mentaltyranny » April 15th, 2017, 11:41 pm

I just finished the Twisted Metal Mere in the Endless Horror quest. I explored every option and eventually got the "Final Ambush... and redeem Inifere" option, which I took. The mere concludes with Marcysa a withered wreck, Inifere alive, the Sorrow BEATEN, and the gate NOT opened. Yet, after leaving the mere, I was taken right back to inside the gate, and I still had to tell Inifere to close the gate or kill himself (or ask more questions which I know leads to a fight from another play through) just like if you had him open the gate in the mere.

Is this right? I got the impression that the Last Castoff's tide ability allowed changes in time through the meres. Yet, nothing "changed." Is this a bug, forgotten plot path by the developers, or is this intended? Or am I wrong about the Last Castoff being able to change time through the meres, because Marikana sure thought so?

Valrog
Novice

Re: Inifere Redemption? {Spoilers}

Post by Valrog » April 27th, 2017, 2:35 pm

How did you beat the Sorrow in that mere?

I remember that the options I had at the end were to either sit on the throne (which leads Infere on the same path that opens the gate) or to send him to the Sorrow to get killed so he never opened the gate. Another option earlier in the mere allows you to convince him to close the gate, if I remember correctly.

It's odd that you still ended up back inside the gate, because if you either convince him to kill himself or get him killed, you end up outside and his items (a very nice sword and a lot of shins) are in a pile on the ground.

How did you beat the Sorrow in the mere?

Hawke64
Novice

Post by Hawke64 » April 28th, 2017, 9:25 am

You need to gain Inifere's trust (i.e. not to try to kill him or his second-in-command). If it's high by the end of the mere, he doesn't resist your choice to sit on the throne and use it against the Sorrow (the exact phrase: <This is the reason for your suffering, Inifere: it's a weapon to wield against our common foe>). If his trust is low, he says that he will not be used.

Edit. Opening the Gate is the way to beat the Sorrow. Originally, Inifere just escaped.
Last edited by Hawke64 on April 29th, 2017, 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Valrog
Novice

Post by Valrog » April 28th, 2017, 1:19 pm

I did the same. It ends with your sitting on the throne.

Sitting on the throne is how Infere opened the Gate. It was his way out of getting killed by the Sorrow creature.

That's why you're still inside the Gate after that choice. You are left with the remaining options - either speak to him to close the gate or fight him to kill him and shut it.