Your ending (endgame spoilers)

For discussing Torment's story as it slowly gets unveiled, as well as discussing the game's setting. Ninth World discussions encouraged. Spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

migelpig
Initiate

Your ending (endgame spoilers)

Post by migelpig » March 5th, 2017, 1:55 pm

Blue/Gold Tide:

I went with restoring life to the daughter of the Changing God (So in the end I fulfilled the the ultimate goal of my "father")

- Rhin stayed with me till the end.
- Callistege ascended into the datasphere.
- Matkina endured and in enduring grew stronger.

The other companions were only in my party for quest reasons.

(This thread is purely for posting your ending)

What was your ending?

DaveTheArakin
Initiate

Re: Your ending (endgame spoilers)

Post by DaveTheArakin » March 6th, 2017, 1:45 am

Gold tide.

My castoff was a very compassionate man who wanted to leave his mark in the world by helping people. He restored the Changing God's daughter to life at the cost of his own and the rest of the castoffs in order to end their kind's trouble.

- Rhin was send home and became an adventurer.
- Alligern found his family again.
- Matkina is gone.

Poganin
Initiate

Post by Poganin » March 6th, 2017, 2:05 am

Blue/Gold Tide. Healers all over resolved to follow my Castoff's example.

He left things as they are, with Sorrow still on the loose and eventually coming for the individual castoffs.
- Callistege ascended
- Rhin went home and became an adventurer
- Tybir returned to the village he burned to the ground and lived out the rest of his life as its protector
- Matkina became the new Memovira

- The mutant boy whose name I forget became a scholar, reading everything and undertaking any task put before him, and was considered to succeed Min as the head of the Order of Truth
- The little robots birthed by the broken Foreman spread all over Sagus and made repairs to it, and even added new parts to themselves
- Maralel went back to Miel Avest to rebuild it

That's the parts I remember off the top of my head.

Silke
Initiate

Post by Silke » March 6th, 2017, 2:18 am

Blue/Gold Tide:

I made the deal to let everything be for a while with the Sorrow, the Castoffs could go on with their lives in peace for a while until he came for them.

- I let Rhin go home to her real family. She would never forget the Last Castoff.
- Callistege ascended into the datasphere.
- Matkina claimed the Bloom only long enough to restore control and then lived in peace, when the Sorrow came to claim her she greeted it as a friend.
  • Tybir spiralled into crap and was finally executed.
  • Aligern discovered how to free his family and friends etc. Buried in Ormen, had his name scratched into the Valley of Dead Heroes.
  • Erritis set off on his own, claiming artifacts.. chasing rumors until he collapsed in a field after endless adventuring, the voices went dormant.
  • Piquo excelled in the Order of Truth.
  • Nym got a job as an artist, Zebb found work in the underbelly with the foremen. Their father returned from the Bloom finally, proud of his childrens accomplishments, they lived a hard but joyful life together.
  • The crippled construct who I convinced not to kill himself by creating children in the end got help by Tarnish who could hear the torment in his voice, they were successful on his ninety-first birthday.
  • The sticha had a rough journey to their new home, but flourished there for a long time.
  • The surviving memorialists in the valley rebuilt the place, cleaning up all the blood. They never got rid of the smell however.
  • Coty worked hard and in the end became a sought after carpenter and engraver, leaving the Bloom and setting up shop in Circus Minor.
  • Artaglio and his troop remained in Chiurgeon's Slump, free from the Maw he became more jovial. Drank and extorted less - though he still extorts some. "A man's gotta make a living somehow".
  • Maralel returned to the ruins of Miel Avest, looking with regret on the destruction she had wrought. She marched forward and got to work.

I was remembered for my wisdom and selflessness. Inspiring people to make the world a better place etc.

Lord of Riva
Adventurer

Post by Lord of Riva » March 6th, 2017, 4:17 am

Also Gold/Blue

and honestly you will end up like that if you dont behave like a total psycho. I had A LOT of red tide influence but its nearly impossible to not have those two as the dominant tides (alone having Rhin is basically dominant gold alone)

Also let the status quo remain so that all could live freely until their time had come.

Erritis was cured from the voices and went back to farming.

Aligern rescued his family

Rhin became an adventurer

natzy
Acolyte

Post by natzy » March 6th, 2017, 4:54 am

Gold / Blue (damn, talking about not having the same story 2 players...)

I did not have Rhin so he never got home...

Aligern recued his familty althought I did not have him with me

Tybir got executed;

And the rest I didn't care like I didn't feel anything for any of the companions.
Look out below! Above! Sideways!

Abdullah
Initiate

Post by Abdullah » March 7th, 2017, 4:52 am

Gold/Silver

I killed Sorrow. Madness spreads among the world, but my kind survives.

Matkina returned to Kholn and made a community

Aligern found his family

Tybir met his death

Erritis died eventually during AN ADVENTURE

Artaglio's right hand takes control of irregulars

Maralel died and Bloom turned into a battlefield

mavoras
Initiate

Post by mavoras » March 10th, 2017, 11:39 am

Blue/Silver:

I got the Changing God's full memories from the Specter by convincing I would make a better Changing God than it.

These memories probably convinced me that the best option would be to merge all the castoffs to my character :).

Rhin stayed with me and Callistege ascended to the data sphere.

Agiel
Novice

Post by Agiel » March 10th, 2017, 5:38 pm

I went with the "everything stays the same" ending from the Sorrow.

I have a question: Does Matkina end badly no matter what if you take her along to the end and you get the above ending? It seemed to imply that she got munched on by the Bloom, or she gets offed by the Sorrow on her way to the Oasis.

Maerd
Initiate

Post by Maerd » March 10th, 2017, 7:46 pm

Gold/Blue

Tides in general have a tendency to be biased into blue and gold categories. If you ask questions it makes you blue, if you take quests and want to solve it a polite way it makes you gold (and silver if selfish). Consequently, if you like RPGs you're Blue/Gold ('paladin' play style) or Blue/Silver (if you prefer 'evil' play stile).

"Everything stays the same" is the only reasonable options, which I chose. Another only reasonable option is "merge everyone into yourself" for blue/silver types. All other options are irrational and made for the sake of false sense of choice.

P.S. Talking Sorrow was extremely disappointing, because his reasoning is a bunch of low-IQ "science-is-bad" tropes with hypocritical patronizing attitude.

Hawke64
Novice

Post by Hawke64 » March 18th, 2017, 12:09 pm

Blue/Gold.
At first I destroyed the Sorrow, because reasons (such as doubts if it tells me the truth and general detest of something considering a genocide as a "wise choice"). Then reloaded and chose to keep things as they were.
Endings for factions and individuals:
- Piquo became an Aeon Priest;
- The Fifth Eye patrons' minds faded and only Ziobe left;
- New constructs were trained under Master Foreman;
- The sticha forged a new home for themselves;
- The Endless Gate were closed, the Memorialists were rebuilding;
- The Bloom was in chaos;
- Coty became a carpenter;
- Artaglio and his troops protected the Slump.
Agiel wrote:I went with the "everything stays the same" ending from the Sorrow.

I have a question: Does Matkina end badly no matter what if you take her along to the end and you get the above ending? It seemed to imply that she got munched on by the Bloom, or she gets offed by the Sorrow on her way to the Oasis.
You need to talk to the ghost of the previous Memovira, while Matkina is in the party, I think.

Aotrs Commander
Initiate

Post by Aotrs Commander » March 19th, 2017, 7:10 pm

Gold/Blue (seems like that's a common one...!)

I think my only real critism of the game was the ending. I didn't particularly find any one the choices (unline with PS:T) to be particulary satisfying - and actually skimmed through all of them, before settling on actually absrobing all the cast-off personally as the least bad option.

Rhin went home, came back badarse and went back home to be, presumably,m more basarse.

Callistege... I... think Callistege sort of maybe hooked up kinda with the Last Castoff (maybe?) after I convinced her to become back to mortal. It was kinda the way she spent most of th game telling me she adored me, and tha and... so yeah.

Tybir got a sort of happy ending, at least, as he went back to the vilager and redeemded himself.

Otherwise, this:
Silke wrote:
  • Aligern discovered how to free his family and friends etc. Buried in Ormen, had his name scratched into the Valley of Dead Heroes.
  • Erritis set off on his own, claiming artifacts.. chasing rumors until he collapsed in a field after endless adventuring, the voices went dormant.
  • Nym got a job as an artist, Zebb found work in the underbelly with the foremen. Their father returned from the Bloom finally, proud of his childrens accomplishments, they lived a hard but joyful life together.
  • The crippled construct who I convinced not to kill himself by creating children in the end got help by Tarnish who could hear the torment in his voice, they were successful on his ninety-first birthday.
  • The surviving memorialists in the valley rebuilt the place, cleaning up all the blood. They never got rid of the smell however.
  • Artaglio and his troop remained in Chiurgeon's Slump, free from the Maw he became more jovial.