Steam Key stolen?! (SOLVED)

If you need assistance with a technical issue, this forum is for you. Specifically for help with Torment: ToN itself. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.
n3p3nth3
Initiate

Hello,

I was trying to use my Steam key but it says "Duplicate Product Code", and it has been activated by a different Steam account?!
I wrote to the inXile support twice in the past week without receiving any reply.
PL: Torment was my favorite game of all time, and words couldn't describe my excitement when I learned about TTON's Kickstarter campaign - it was the ONLY project I backed for years.
Now, after all these years at the time of release, this had to happen, I must say I'm VERY disappointed :x

Billy
Last edited by n3p3nth3 on February 24th, 2017, 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sear
Developer
badge image for 4o80c0.png
badge image for wl3badge.png
badge image for ijw2ib.png
badge image for 5p2s6t.png
badge image for 3rz1is.png

Apologies for the longer than usual turn-around, things have been super busy in the lead-up to release. We're getting to everyone as quick as we can!
kaiman
Scholar
badge image for ijw2ib.png

Interesting. That's exactly what had happened to me with my store-bought copy of Pillars of Eternity. Got it eventually resolved with Steam support over the course of a week, but never was able to learn what the root cause had been.

So I am really curious: is this a mishap on the developer/publisher side, handing out duplicate keys, or are there shadier elements at work?
n3p3nth3
Initiate

Support contacted me and I received a new key that works, so I'm a happy customer again :mrgreen:
Thanks a lot!
Billy
lapinbeau
Novice

I am having this same problem as well. I am unable to register my key, since Steam claims that it's already been redeemed.

I've sent a message to Torment's support page. But Steam's FAQ basically amounts to a big F*** you, stating that they have no obligation to help with stolen keys. Nice.

So yeah. Hopefully this gets resolved soon, because I really want to play this game sooner than later. :(
jzdhgkd
Initiate

My key has been stolen too =(

lapinbeau can you please post here if you get anything from support? I sent them a message on 26th Feb however haven't gotten a reply at all and I'm itching to play!
manveruppd
Initiate

I'm in the same boat and I'm glad to see that they've responded to this thread and are resolving these problems. Eagerly awaiting for my turn!
lapinbeau
Novice

No response yet. :(
jzdhgkd
Initiate

Hey guys,

Support just got back to me and issued a new key (and deactivated the old one.)

Won't be long til yours is fixed too :D
lapinbeau
Novice

Yyyup. According to my login history, some Russian fuck logged into my account a couple weeks ago. China and Indonesia too. I h ave since changed my password.

I hope InXile does something about this soon. Every moment I'm not helped, some thief is enjoying the game while I, who backed this project for more than $150, am getting screwed.

Return to “TTON: Technical Help”