Torment Digital Editions announced: Standard, Legacy and Immortal (+ FREE GAME for pre-orders)

For all Torment discussion that does not fit elsewhere. No spoilers allowed.
Serjo
Explorer

Only on GOG for the moment:

https://www.gog.com/game/torment_tides_of_numenera
https://www.gog.com/game/torment_tides_ ... cy_edition
https://www.gog.com/game/torment_tides_ ... al_edition

The Standard Edition includes:

- a digital manual

The Legacy Edition includes:

- a manual + a map + From the Depths novella - Blue + From the Depths novella - Gold + the soundtrack + a set of unique ringtones (all digital)

The Immortal Edition includes:

- everything from the Legacy Edition + a set of high-res wallpapers + the Torment strategy guide + all 5 From The Depths novellas + a set of unique forums avatars + a set of concept art (all digital)

All editions come with a special deal: Pre-order Torment: Tides of Numenera now and receive a free copy of Lords of Xulima!

Very cool stuff, thank you inXile! I might just buy another copy to get those swank ringtones :)
sea
Developer
badge image for 4o80c0.png

Nice! We're looking into getting those on Steam soon too.

Just an FYI, backers will get the forum avatars, wallpapers and ringtones as well (the other items are also the same as what backers are getting). You won't have to preorder separately on another store for those. :)
willyum
Initiate
badge image for 5p2s6t.png
badge image for 3rz1is.png
badge image for ijw2ib.png

Awesome news indeed! Any idea which version backers will be getting on GOG?
sea
Developer

willyum wrote:Awesome news indeed! Any idea which version backers will be getting on GOG?
I don't know if we will have backers getting specific versions because we have already distributed Steam keys. We'll look into it to see what's possible. However, those backer extras will definitely be available via our own web site.
willyum
Initiate

Thanks much for the response; it is greatly appreciated! ☺

You are correct in that lots of the extras are already available via the Torment site. As a backer who doesn't use Steam, I was just curious which version would show up on my GOG account once those keys are made available.
Warhameron
Initiate

GOG Languages:
Audio and text: English - no other localizations with GOG version or only backers gets it ?
sea
Developer

Warhameron wrote:GOG Languages:
Audio and text: English - no other localizations with GOG version or only backers gets it ?
That might be an error. The game will be in EFGSPR.
Warhameron
Initiate

sear wrote:
Warhameron wrote:GOG Languages:
That might be an error. The game will be in EFGSPR.
thx
Ganni87
Initiate

sear wrote:Nice! We're looking into getting those on Steam soon too.

Just an FYI, backers will get the forum avatars, wallpapers and ringtones as well (the other items are also the same as what backers are getting). You won't have to preorder separately on another store for those. :)

Will you be offering upgrade paths for owners of the Standard and Legacy Editions? Much as I would like to, I'm not in a position to buy the Immortal Edition in one go, but would happily upgrade over time.

I would like to point out that some people on GOG have expressed interest in such an offer.
sea
Developer

Ganni87 wrote:Will you be offering upgrade paths for owners of the Standard and Legacy Editions? Much as I would like to, I'm not in a position to buy the Immortal Edition in one go, but would happily upgrade over time.

I would like to point out that some people on GOG have expressed interest in such an offer.
It's something we are looking into.
Ganni87
Initiate

sear wrote:
Ganni87 wrote:Will you be offering upgrade paths for owners of the Standard and Legacy Editions? Much as I would like to, I'm not in a position to buy the Immortal Edition in one go, but would happily upgrade over time.

It's something we are looking into.
Thank you I'm looking forward to it :-)
Caldor
Initiate

I hope i can have a key for the Imortal version. I pledge on Lore Seeker (Digital). All the rewards exists on that version.
Shane-o
Initiate

sear wrote:
willyum wrote:Awesome news indeed! Any idea which version backers will be getting on GOG?
I don't know if we will have backers getting specific versions because we have already distributed Steam keys. We'll look into it to see what's possible. However, those backer extras will definitely be available via our own web site.
I HATE that both InXile and Obsidian do this :( I'm looking forward to you looking into it though. Please update this thread when you know more!

Reason: Having all the relevant files on the site I frequent (GOG) is preferred instead of having to come to your site to download what I want (or download again if anything happens). I really don't see any reason why I can't have an Immortal key that matches what I backed instead of a "Backer" key that is just the barebones edition
I'm just a man
sea
Developer

Shane-o wrote:
sear wrote:
I HATE that both InXile and Obsidian do this :( I'm looking forward to you looking into it though. Please update this thread when you know more!

Reason: Having all the relevant files on the site I frequent (GOG) is preferred instead of having to come to your site to download what I want (or download again if anything happens). I really don't see any reason why I can't have an Immortal key that matches what I backed instead of a "Backer" key that is just the barebones edition
We fully understand. With Wasteland 2 it was easier for us to offer this because there were fewer reward levels, but Torment has more complicated setups. (One reason our rewards are a bit simpler on Bard's Tale IV and Wasteland 3 when compared to Torment, is to make rollouts easier)

Part of the issue is that we can't necessarily have the stores create DLCs and packages for all our backers - they don't always want to host items and SKUS they can't sell, such as specific rewards that are exclusive to backers. Again, we'll look into it and see what's possible to offer this way.

EDIT: Removed typos. Morning coffee had not yet taken effect. :geek:
Serjo
Explorer

Here's the counter deal for Steam keys: 25% off on DLGamer
RadonGOG
Scholar

sear wrote:
Shane-o wrote:
sear wrote: I don't know if we will have backers getting specific versions because we have already distributed Steam keys. We'll look into it to see what's possible. However, those backer extras will definitely be available via our own web site.

We fully understand. With Wasteland 2 it was easier for us to offer this because there were fewer reward levels, but Torment has more complicated setups. (One reason our rewards are a bit simpler on Bard's Tale IV and Wasteland 3 when compared to Torment, is to make rollouts easier)

Part of the issue is that we can't necessarily have the stores create DLCs and packages for all our backers - they don't always want to host items and SKUS they can't sell, such as specific rewards that are exclusive to backers. Again, we'll look into it and see what's possible to offer this way.

EDIT: Removed typos. Morning coffee had not yet taken effect. :geek:
Nevertheless, you should definitly offer upgrade paths between the version that are already on GOG. Obsidian also didn´t do this with both PillE and Tyranny and this has led to a massive outcry in the forums! Everytime they are mentioned somebody comes up and critizes them for this step...
...try to be on par with Obsidian when talking about the good stuff only. :D
Taziel
Novice

Caldor wrote:I hope i can have a key for the Imortal version. I pledge on Lore Seeker (Digital). All the rewards exists on that version.
I also have Lore Aspirant - True Believer (Digital) plus Comic Book Compilation (Digital). It would also be easier to get the Immortal version key than try and juggle multiple sites that may or may not hold onto the files for a certain period (ie, long term storage like GOG does).
I have been burned that way before. *Sigh* 2 edits first for postscript second when I noticed that my version does not have the soundtrack

p.s. Please make the key conversion from the beta to GOG keys available before launch. I was told they would be and not to worry, however
with all the confusion on other stuff being altered im a little worried this will also go sideways.

*Sigh* 2 edits first for postscript second when I noticed that my version does not have the soundtrack
FunktionJCB
Initiate

I backed at a tier that includes all digital content, I'm hoping I will be able to get all this content on Steam, for convenience, without having to pay extra.

Speaking of different editions, I was just made aware that the Day One retail edition of the game advertises an exclusive in-game plating:
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/.../811kGlyKUUL...

Has inXile said anything about backers getting this piece of in-game content?
SagaDC
Grandmaster

FunktionJCB wrote:Has inXile said anything about backers getting this piece of in-game content?
I believe Sear stated that the backers will be receiving the exclusive in-game items.

I can't seem to find the post where he mentioned it, though. I'll link it if I track it down.
FunktionJCB
Initiate

SagaDC wrote:
FunktionJCB wrote:Has inXile said anything about backers getting this piece of in-game content?
I believe Sear stated that the backers will be receiving the exclusive in-game items.

I can't seem to find the post where he mentioned it, though. I'll link it if I track it down.
Thank you for the reply. :)

I'm hoping we may get an official comment on this.
It's a bit disappointing this still wasn't clarified. I tried contacting inXile through Kickstarter, social media, Steam, ..., and I couldn't get a confirmation of this.

Return to “TTON: General Discussion”