How long will late backing be up for?

Discussion about the upcoming Wasteland 3!

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Gamgee
Acolyte

How long will late backing be up for?

Post by Gamgee » December 27th, 2016, 3:51 am

Buying anything outside of Canada is nuts these days so I need to save up money to back the collectors edition. How long do I have? The fastest I can do it is Januray, but I would rather wait until Febuary and on more steady pace after christmas finance wise.
They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

kilobug
Adventurer

Re: How long will late backing be up for?

Post by kilobug » December 27th, 2016, 11:24 am

Gamgee wrote:Buying anything outside of Canada is nuts these days so I need to save up money to back the collectors edition. How long do I have? The fastest I can do it is Januray, but I would rather wait until Febuary and on more steady pace after christmas finance wise.
It's likely to be available at least until the game is released in "public beta" ("early access" or however it's called nowadays), but the exact pricing and available backing levels can vary.

Gamgee
Acolyte

Post by Gamgee » December 29th, 2016, 1:48 pm

kilobug wrote:
Gamgee wrote:Buying anything outside of Canada is nuts these days so I need to save up money to back the collectors edition. How long do I have? The fastest I can do it is Januray, but I would rather wait until Febuary and on more steady pace after christmas finance wise.
It's likely to be available at least until the game is released in "public beta" ("early access" or however it's called nowadays), but the exact pricing and available backing levels can vary.
It won't matter. I'm not backing any more of Inexile's games anymore because of their disgusting backer practices. This sort of sneaky shit is what kills off lots of other KS focused companies. I'm pissed off they screwed us over on the Torment backers collectors edition vs retail editions. Don't ever back their games again. The publisher will just make a superior collectors edition and for cheaper too. How long is it until they screw over Bard's Tales and Wasteland 3 backers?
They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

paultakeda
Forum Moderator

Post by paultakeda » December 29th, 2016, 2:40 pm

So basically, you want more kudos for your buck. The idea that early backers help fund the game from the get go more or less means the reward is to have a game in the first place. Everything else is just swag. It shouldn't come as a surprise that perks are included for cheap in later editions -- it pretty much happens with any product.

The point of backing early: to fund the game so it is possible to have one.
The point of special editions and sales when the game is out: to extend the lifespan of the product.

If you can't get behind the first point then feel free to purchase the special edition... unless of course enough people do not bother to back a game and it therefore isn't made. If that's the case, guess what, you never get the game. Ever.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » December 29th, 2016, 10:16 pm

If you guys want to rant, keep it in the Torment thread where it started. Please don't spread it to unrelated threads.
Alwa nasci korliri das.