Unsure if I've hit a bug with the Shaky Foundations quest

For discussing Torment's story, setting, and characters. Ninth World discussions encouraged. Spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

TurtlesAWD
Initiate

Unsure if I've hit a bug with the Shaky Foundations quest

Post by TurtlesAWD » May 15th, 2016, 10:04 pm

I managed to complete this quest (convincing the sticha to stop digging) with the persuasion option, my quest log shows it complete and says the Sticha have moved, but the houses in cliff's edge have still been falling. It got to the kids' house which means it may now be interfering with The Sorrow's Prey quest (I'm not 100% sure on that), as well as generally being sad. Does this happen regardless of whether the quest is finished based simply on time passage, or are these house falling events bugged such that it isn't recognizing that I finished that quest?

Sithwist
Acolyte

Re: Unsure if I've hit a bug with the Shaky Foundations quest

Post by Sithwist » June 15th, 2016, 2:32 pm

It's a bug. I just rested a couple time to check, and no houses fell down for me. I also solved the sticha quest through persuasion. If you're talking about the house with the 3 kids Zebb Nym and Avina, it shouldn't interfere, the kids and their house have nothing to do with the Sorrow's Prey quest.
"Absence of Name = Absence of Identity = Absence of Purpose = Absence of Place in Multiverse = Null State = Lost." - Nordom, PS:T.
Prupose acquired: Working on Torment Wiki.

Sithwist
Acolyte

Post by Sithwist » June 15th, 2016, 3:23 pm

Oh, my mistake, the kids are indeed part of that quest. I'm curious though, if you let that stichus quest go and the houses fall down, does it affect the other Cliff's Edge quests?
"Absence of Name = Absence of Identity = Absence of Purpose = Absence of Place in Multiverse = Null State = Lost." - Nordom, PS:T.
Prupose acquired: Working on Torment Wiki.

Homer Morisson
Scholar

Post by Homer Morisson » June 16th, 2016, 12:26 am

Sithwist wrote:Oh, my mistake, the kids are indeed part of that quest. I'm curious though, if you let that stichus quest go and the houses fall down, does it affect the other Cliff's Edge quests?
They are, but no matter how you handle that quest you should be able to get the item from the little girl playing the flute; i.e. I killed the pathetic Stichus, they were all extremely mad at me, but I still got it afterwards from her.
You can also try assigning the kids some guardians, if you're in good standing with a certain faction. =)

As for how Cliff's Edge is actually affected when letting the Sticha continue to burry in the Underbelly, I can't say... haven't tried letting them stay yet.
You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Create your Star Citizen Account today and get 5000 UEC Ingame Currency for free!
UEE Citizen Record