These ******* honey badgers...

Check here to discuss Wasteland 2 gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Binary-Blues16
Novice

Re: These ******* honey badgers...

Post by Binary-Blues16 » May 12th, 2016, 9:05 pm

Yep, it's a year and a half later and I'm here with my PS4 loving this game. Not loving the honey badgers I just encountered though. I got them to clump up and one grenade evened the score for my level 8 team.

LeaFlamma
Initiate

Post by LeaFlamma » May 12th, 2016, 11:50 pm

I don't get it... I see a lot of posts about Supreme Jerk damage and stuff. But why not simply plan ahead your expenses? I started a new playthrough yesterday. Before I reached Radio Tower, I had one FAMAS already. Angela was running around with an M14 and I got an M40 from a chest in AG. So updating weapons is rather easy.

If the Badgers cause trouble, grab a more penetrating weapon, perhaps grab a few levels and make sure you have a high weapon skill. If I recall properly, I used one sniper to precise hit their legs. Flashlight, scope, leadership and high skill will give you hopefully some 80-90% for legshot. That will make the badgers even more fun to kite.

Binary-Blues16
Novice

Post by Binary-Blues16 » May 13th, 2016, 10:45 am

On a second playthrough, that makes sense. First time through, I made my own team based loosely on real life people and ended up with a melee character based on Slick's template with decent charisma. A second playthrough allows for a more thoughtful min/max approach good for the super difficulty. I'll take my failures and deal with those beasts with explosives and save some save scumming. I advocate save scumming because I feel be able to set up a proper ambush prior to combat initially anyway. Save scumming helps with the honey bastards.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » May 13th, 2016, 1:49 pm

Leg shots make things a lot easier with them. It's really just a matter of being careful and methodical when you're first dealing with them. By the time they show up again in Titan, they're not especially noteworthy.

Of course, I had two snipers in my squad, so that probably helped.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

tonurics
Explorer

Post by tonurics » May 13th, 2016, 8:04 pm

This account is dormant. I won't be responding to threads, quotes or private massages.

Binary-Blues16
Novice

Post by Binary-Blues16 » May 21st, 2016, 7:42 am

My wife wanted to try this game one night. She picks up the controller, slaps together a squad of whoever and beelines straight to Leve L'upe Mine. I had to tell her that the name of the location is also a suggestion.

Binary-Blues16
Novice

Post by Binary-Blues16 » May 31st, 2016, 10:02 pm

I bumped into two of them at level 17 and they got swept aside with sniper fire and a few AR bursts. They never got close enough for my two melee guys to fight them.