Thanks devs

For all Wasteland 2 discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Excalibur_2102
Initiate

Thanks devs

Post by Excalibur_2102 » January 22nd, 2016, 5:02 am

Hi all,

Just wanted to say thanks to the Devs for wasteland 2. I was a backer during the kickstarter back in 2012, and have only just decided to start playing the game. I was a little skeptical about what it was going to be like after reading various mixed reviews (granted most are positive though) and several luke warm opinions of friends. But I have to say, I'm around 30-40 hours in (and still in Arizona. I thought 50% of the game took place somewhere else) and loving it. I have started with the DC so I cant see how it has improved from the original exactly, but It does seem pretty much like the game that I wanted when I backed on kickstarter. For me personally, at least.

It makes me very confident about both torment and bards tale (which I also backed), and I also cant wait for a wasteland 3 if there will be one. I'm glad I can say I don't regret one of my kickstarter pledges so far, and Wasteland 2 doesn't change this.

Brother None
Developer

Re: Thanks devs

Post by Brother None » January 22nd, 2016, 8:52 am

Very glad to hear that Excalibur. In some ways the game really only hits its stride once you get to LA, so there's still much great content to come for you. Enjoy!
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

Madrict
Initiate

Post by Madrict » January 22nd, 2016, 5:03 pm

I agree, Wasteland 2 DC is a brilliant game.

Playing on PS4 and thoroughly enjoying it. Great story, characters and combat. I also think the voice acting is really good!

My only request is that NPC portraits found throughout the game be added to the ranger creation options. There are very few options for consoles in the portrait gallery ><

KorganBloodAxe
Acolyte

Post by KorganBloodAxe » January 24th, 2016, 11:52 pm

I also just finished playing the game for the first time. I wanted to wait till the game was at its absolute best before starting and I am glad I did. Wasteland 2 is certainly one of the best games I have played. I finished after 98 hours played and really enjoyed every hour.

A few minor complaints:
* Energy weapons and how armor penetration works for them. The mechanic should of been based on armor type i.e. tesla or reflective armor provides resistance while other armors take normal damage.
* Lockpicking/safecracking/explosives/weapon smithing/computer science should of just been skill based i.e. 5 to open an average lock. Disliked the random nature.

Absolutely loved everything else. 95/100.

firefighter26
Initiate

Post by firefighter26 » January 27th, 2016, 8:34 am

I will echo everyone else in sending along my thanks.

I recently picked up a copy of WL2:DC despite it being on my radar since day 1 of the kickstarter. I just never had time to dedicate to it so I didn't want to only dive in half-ass. The directors cut has been great. I played about 20 hours on easy with the default party to get a grasp for the game and mechanics before restarting a game with my custom party on Ranger difficulty. I think the most astonishing thing I noticed after the restart is that because I made some decisions differently and had different perks, quirks, and skills that the game is different. I've got a few side quests that I didn't get the first time around (no spoilers), made it into some restricted areas that I didn't before and even got locked out of others that I had access to previously.

I have not fully optimized my team and I am doing an RP play through picking options based on the direction I want the party to go and dealing with the consequences; something I thoroughly enjoy and that many other games simply don't offer (I remember the time I decided to do a play through of Baldur's Gate with an evil party only to find out that the impact on the world wasn't any different than when I played as good party).

The only thing I hope will happen, and I may have to wait for WL3, is extensive and robust modding tools. Some have gone live, but I am really interested in creating some full on fan-based content that I feel will give the game massive longevity. A group of friends and I have had already mapped out possible locations for alternative stories, such as the Pacific Northwest (Washington, Oregon and British Columbia). The modding tools released thus far are a start, but not entirely there for making sand alone mods.

AlexZander40
Initiate

Post by AlexZander40 » February 5th, 2016, 7:18 am

I am also enjoying Wasteland 2 Director's Cut. Played through quite a bit of Wasteland 2, did not finish but did make it over to Los Angeles and did some quests. After getting a new SSD and some new RAM, doing a fresh install of everything and reinstalling several heavily modded games like Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas. I am back to Wasteland 2 and trying the Director's Cut.

So far about 15 hours in and just finished Highpool and the Wrecking Crew. And I am very impressed and satisfied with the changes the developers made. The Perk System and Gameplay Rebalance are high on my gratitude list, as well as the graphical overhaul. Looking forward to discovering other differences as I continue this playthrough.

Thanks inXile for making the Director's Cut. Since I am a fan of modding games like Skyrim, Fallout, etc. this version is very much appreciated.

fred718
Initiate

Post by fred718 » February 25th, 2016, 7:04 pm

I was an original Kickstarter backer, as well. I recently decided to finally take the plunge head-on into the game. I couldn't be happier. I just finished with slightly over 80 hours, according to Steam. I loved every minute of it. The game was a worthy successor to Wasteland, and I have high hopes for the future games (Torment/BT 4) which I have also backed. Great job devs. Please make a sequel. :)

Binary-Blues16
Novice

Post by Binary-Blues16 » May 9th, 2016, 9:20 am

I came here just to say thanks. I'm greatly enjoying the game so far. PS4 disk version. I never played the original Wasteland or Fallout games, but I loved the Baldur's Gate Role Playing Games and XCOM. Wasteland 2 captures exactly what I've been in the mood to play for a long time.