Wasteland 2 Update 71: IT'S HERE!!! Director's Cut Out Now!

Announcements & media coverage pertaining to the Wasteland series. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

sear
Developer

Wasteland 2 Update 71: IT'S HERE!!! Director's Cut Out Now!

Post by sear » October 13th, 2015, 12:27 am

https://wasteland.inxile-entertainment. ... view&id=21

Wasteland 2: Director's Cut is OUT NOW on Windows, Mac and Linux for Steam and GOG.com users!

To play, login to Steam, visit your Library page, and look for the new Wasteland 2: Director's Cut game entry. You will need to download this version of the game separately, but it will not replace your existing Wasteland 2 install. If you are a GOG.com user, you can grab it on your Account page there.

Other third party stores on PC will be rolling out soon over the course of the coming day. Stay tuned for updates from them if you have Wasteland 2: Director's Cut on a store other than Steam or GOG.com, such as Origin.

Meanwhile, console retail and digital release is scheduled for today in the Americas, and October 16 for Europe, so keep an eye out if you are looking to pick up a PlayStation 4 or Xbox One copy.

We've created a Wasteland 2: Director's Cut release FAQ covering many common questions, which you can find here, so take a look if you are in a reading mood while you download.

Today marks the end to another leg of our game development journey through the world of Wasteland, and we are honored to have shared it with you. Now, all we can say is: enjoy!

Zombra
Global Moderator

Re: Wasteland 2 Update 71: IT'S HERE!!! Director's Cut Out Now!

Post by Zombra » October 13th, 2015, 12:41 am

IHaveHugeNick
Master

Post by IHaveHugeNick » October 13th, 2015, 1:45 am

Congrats!
Two rite whiff care is quite a feet of witch won should be proud.

farleybear
Novice

Post by farleybear » October 13th, 2015, 2:10 am

Downloaded the directors cut at 8.01am here in the UK, have taken the day off work and sent the child to the child minder, woot woot! Just spent an hour fine tuning character creation and now off into the wastelands again! Loving what I've seen so far, congrats inxile!

Crosmando
Supreme Jerk

Post by Crosmando » October 13th, 2015, 3:36 am

Hmmm, the camera seems to be a bit different. Almost seems like they've gone for a more top-down approach rather than isometric (Wasteland 1 influence?).
Matthias did nothing wrong!

Stansfield
Explorer

Post by Stansfield » October 13th, 2015, 4:38 am

Bug fixes, if any? Even, the apparent camera issues some are reporting is meant to combat issue 'X' ?

HawkSlayer
Acolyte

Post by HawkSlayer » October 13th, 2015, 5:29 am

I do not have this available on GoG.

MathieuG89
Novice

Post by MathieuG89 » October 13th, 2015, 9:10 am

edit:
inXile has addressed the camera zoom distance issue I had with the Director's Cut hotfix (ver 90120).
Last edited by MathieuG89 on October 13th, 2015, 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarthDavy
Initiate

Post by DarthDavy » October 13th, 2015, 10:14 am

HawkSlayer wrote:I do not have this available on GoG.
Me neither. GOG.com says I don't own the Director's Cut, just the old edition.

Edit: nm, it's apparantly a GOG.com issue: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/releas ... 043/post80

They're fixing it.

septembertopia
Initiate

Post by septembertopia » October 13th, 2015, 1:09 pm

So dissapointed with the state of release on console. just lost 40$ on something that barely works :(.

HawkSlayer
Acolyte

Post by HawkSlayer » October 13th, 2015, 9:02 pm

MathieuG89 wrote:edit:
inXile has addressed the camera zoom distance issue I had with the Director's Cut hotfix (ver 90120).
Where do you get this hotfix?

sear
Developer

Post by sear » October 13th, 2015, 10:55 pm

septembertopia wrote:So dissapointed with the state of release on console. just lost 40$ on something that barely works :(.
Sorry to hear you feel that. Could you let us know what issues you're experiencing and what about the game barely works for you?

septembertopia
Initiate

Post by septembertopia » October 13th, 2015, 11:07 pm

MrMoe
Explorer

Post by MrMoe » October 13th, 2015, 11:42 pm

Any chance on getting detailed information on the rebalancing of the DC?

new armor mechanic
heavy weapon balancing
op AR rifles
sniper rifles
difficulty in general

AndreGAS
Initiate

Post by AndreGAS » October 14th, 2015, 12:54 am

MrMoe wrote:Any chance on getting detailed information on the rebalancing of the DC?

new armor mechanic
heavy weapon balancing
op AR rifles
sniper rifles
difficulty in general
new armor mechanic - armor divided in light/heavy, heavy is conductive and can be perfectly penetrated by EW

heavy weapon balancing - no, heavy weapon became even more garbage, because of following (see below)

op AR rifles - as OP as they were, the only change is lower AR-ammo spawn (and HW uses same ammo, so never combine AR and HW in one squad = HW trash)

sniper rifles - as weak as they were

difficulty in general - same as it was

In terms of balance W2DC just the same game it was - AR op, HW - trash. Only EW and armor got some changes.

Crosmando
Supreme Jerk

Post by Crosmando » October 14th, 2015, 2:36 am

Snipers weren't weak though, they weren't as great as AR but I'd never call them weak at ANY stage of WL2 development.

IHaveHugeNick
Master

Post by IHaveHugeNick » October 14th, 2015, 2:51 am

Crosmando wrote:Snipers weren't weak though, they weren't as great as AR but I'd never call them weak at ANY stage of WL2 development.
Yup.

Then again, its just weird internet people figuring out balance of 80 hour game, 3 hours after it came out. Especially amusing considering early game in the base game WAS balanced, so there's no way to even tell yet whether AR is still OP or not, unless someone was on cocaine last night and already reached :lol:
Two rite whiff care is quite a feet of witch won should be proud.

Crosmando
Supreme Jerk

Post by Crosmando » October 14th, 2015, 3:33 am

If you pre-position your snipers well before a fight, so that they have a large amount of ground where they can shoot at enemies before they close range, they're really good. Except for that fight at Rodia with Dengler and his men at the radio tower, which AUTOMATICALLY TELEPORTS your entire party right next to them, even if you split your party and your characters were at the other end of the map before you trigger the fight (seriously whoever at Inxile was responsible for this, screw you).

MathieuG89
Novice

Post by MathieuG89 » October 14th, 2015, 9:15 am

HawkSlayer wrote:
MathieuG89 wrote:edit:
Where do you get this hotfix?
Directly from Steam, the game was automatically updated.

Salmanasar
Acolyte

Post by Salmanasar » October 14th, 2015, 11:00 am

Omg, I dont even know where to start.

First of all - thanks for console-oriented interface in DC, we all wanted that when we backed that game. As I said half year ago, if you change or hide A, B, X, Y buttons it doesnt magically change UI from "gamepad designed" into "KB+M designed":
1) everything is just BIG even on my old 17' monitor. I dont want to know how it looks on 24', armor icon is probably as big as my fist
2) character menu as separate screen. goodbye drag and drop into hotkey menu
3) divide skills into separate category-oriented sub-screens. Srsly? Pre-DC I could do everything in one menu, now i must toggle for no reason?

Where's machine-type font in conversation menu? Where's "near death" indicator over ranger? wtf has happend to Vargas model, where's his beard? Why every buried item is so obvious now? Why hotkey'ing shovel is so hard now (it works only in character menu when i PPM it, because i cannot drag'n'drop it now :) )? Why angela speaks with two voices in the first convrsations (at least sounds like that)?
I'm also not convinced about redesigning some locations, like ranger citadel outskirts - they're bigger, but empty and harder to navigate, especially with (again) that camera placed way too low.

Yeah, there are some good changes like quirks, perks and aimed shoots, but tbh I prefer stick to the old version (god bless you for that option) - quirks&perks are working in the background when with that broken character menu I must deal all the time.

well, I hope there will be GOTY DC edition at some point which will restore some old features and add cut content :x