Our first recommendation for players having issues is to check the Known Issues thread: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=13970
If you don't find a solution there, then we recommend you get in contact with us. Our customer support form can be found here: https://www.inxile-entertainment.com/support (You can also email email@example.com, which goes to the same place)
When reporting an issue to us, please provide us with the following information:
- Detailed description of the problem. What location does it take place in? What characters are involved? Are you on a certain mission/quest? What happens incorrectly, and what do you expect to happen? What specific actions have you previously done on that mission/quest?
- Steps to reproduce. Please tell us specifically how we can see the problem you are seeing. What does someone need to do to trigger the issue occurring? Be as detailed as possible.
- Save files. Please make a new save file as close to the problem as you can. You need to send this as an email attachment to us, and we need both the .bin and .xml file included with your save to test the problem properly. Save files are located at:
- Windows: Documents\My Games\Wasteland2DC\Save Games
- Mac: /USERNAME/Library/Documents/Application Support/Wasteland2DC/Save Games
- Linux: ~/.config/Wasteland2DC
- Game logs. Please check for Player.log and/or output_log.txt, and send it to us. Default folders containing logs are:
- Windows: <install path>\Wasteland 2 Director's Cut\Build\WL2_Data
- Mac: /Macintosh HD/Users /USERNAME/Library/Documents/Logs/Unity/
- Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/inXile Entertainment/Wasteland2DC:Director's Cut/
- Screenshots or video. If it's in your capability to visually demonstrate the problem, using screenshots or videos, this is extremely helpful to us in understanding your issue (as we can see exactly what happens in the game.