Time To Bring It Up Again - Whats Going On W/ Physical Goods

For all feedback on inXile's websites, company, forums and on pledges.
cunningandvalor
Scholar

Time To Bring It Up Again - Whats Going On W/ Physical Goods

Post by cunningandvalor » October 14th, 2014, 3:18 pm

It's the third week of October, is there any update on the physical goods or is the answer still 'Hey, this is completely out of our control because we made the conscious decision to push higher-tier backers off on an unreliable third party.'? Did the regular boxes ship? Has there been yet another delay?

Is there any update about the Collector's Editions? Will we get them this year?

How about the tracking information? Has that very simple problem been solved yet?

I'm glad the digital version is (kinda) being fixed. With all the broken quests, not being able to play beyond the ending and all of the other stuff I'm glad people are so happy with the game (at least on this forum, huge disparity in ranking on Metacritic) but what's happening with the physical goods? Have the CEs even been produced yet? Can you show a picture of one? How're those signatures coming for the $250-and-above tier?

I hope a red can answer with something other than "Oops, sorry, beyond our control because we knowingly gave this responsibility to another company, handling it as best we can by having someone else handle it", however when the greens chime in I hope they can point me to something other than already-known information.

Sooooooo glad I paid extra to be treated like a third-class citizen. New actual information please.

cunningandvalor
Scholar

Re: Time To Bring It Up Again - Whats Going On W/ Physical G

Post by cunningandvalor » October 14th, 2014, 3:20 pm

Also from original post:
Andross wrote:Fact: Obsidian is going to ship these stuff at 2015 while inXile is supposed to do so next week.

And I'd like to say one thing to inXile devs: don't associate yourselves with Deep Silver next time.
By my calendar it IS already the third week of October. They didn't say 'October 21st' or anything, they said the third week of October, which we are in. Obsidian is handling their game wayyyyy better than inXile did and I sincerely hope they hear your suggestion of not using DS in the future. It's extremely upsetting to me that I spent more money to help fund this game and will get my stuff later (if at all) than people who had nothing to do with the project. Deep Silver is selling physical copies right now to line their pockets, inXile is like "Sorry, it's out of our hands now because we trusted these guys so you can't hold us responsible!" and meanwhile the people who funded the game are left wondering if we'll ever see our stuff.

Again, there is information out there about this stuff. Someone has it. Backers want it. Make it known. Let's see a picture of the CE box, and if you can't produce one, let's hear a real time frame. Otherwise let us know the correct way to contact Kickstarter for a refund if this is being handled in such an amateurish, slap-in-the-face-to-backers way.

shaigunjoe
Explorer

Post by shaigunjoe » October 14th, 2014, 3:39 pm

I hear ya. I was going to upgrade my pledge of torment to get the ce edition, but seeing as how I haven't even got my goods for wl2, and no word on if they will use deep silver for this again, and since the deadline for an upgrade is the end of this month, I probably won't be getting it. Who knows though, I may get my boxed copy and be extremely happy with it, just wish it was more transparent.

Make no mistake though, despite what inxile says, I blame them 100% for this.

cunningandvalor
Scholar

Post by cunningandvalor » October 14th, 2014, 3:49 pm

shaigunjoe wrote: Make no mistake though, despite what inxile says, I blame them 100% for this.
Oh yeah, that's definitely what I meant in the original post. Saying 'it's beyond our control' is kind of ridiculous and I don't understand how people buy that. They made the conscious decision to use this company that had strikes against it before, that company is now selling physical copies to make money and the people that funded the game don't have their stuff. And inXile just says 'it's out of our hands'.

We have seen no pictures of the metal Collector's Edition, and the last update kinda said to me: "We haven't even started work on the CE's yet, but hey, they're going to be made of metal."

It's very frustrating and I'd love for a red to give some kind of update, which I feel is due. Hopefully one of them will read this.

Andross
Acolyte

Post by Andross » October 14th, 2014, 4:43 pm

Would it be so difficult to show a single screenshot to calm us?

Or just admit that they've screwed up this as a result of don't caring enough and give us some apologies. If it's out of their hands because another company is working on it, then it's inXile's fault.

But seriously, I spent a quite big amount of money on my CE box and this makes me feel worried.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » October 14th, 2014, 5:51 pm

Andross wrote:Would it be so difficult to show a single screenshot to calm us?
Be honest here, would that actually calm you? Would a picture of the box really do anything? Or would we just end up with, "Well, you guys have the box, so why the hell hasn't it shipped already?"
cunningandvalor wrote:It's very frustrating and I'd love for a red to give some kind of update, which I feel is due. Hopefully one of them will read this.
And to that end, I'm moving this from General Discussion to "Website/Company Feedback and Questions".
Alwa nasci korliri das.

cunningandvalor
Scholar

Post by cunningandvalor » October 14th, 2014, 6:05 pm

Drool wrote:
Be honest here, would that actually calm you? Would a picture of the box really do anything? Or would we just end up with, "Well, you guys have the box, so why the hell hasn't it shipped already?"
cunningandvalor wrote:It's very frustrating and I'd love for a red to give some kind of update, which I feel is due. Hopefully one of them will read this.
And to that end, I'm moving this from General Discussion to "Website/Company Feedback and Questions".
Oh I moved it here because Zombra told me to. I'm glad I'm getting contradictory information from the greens. It's unsurprising that you guys don't coordinate. Now I'm banished to the company feedback part of the forum where my reasonable query will get ZERO attention. You guys are terrible at this.

Thanks for the help. This is why I wanted to post in the most-often visited forum, to get a response as quickly as possible from a RED. Now a green has said my concern isn't legitimate and is moving my post AGAIN. Thanks Drool!

From my correspondence with Zombra (which I followed, thanks for shutting me down Drool you're a hero):

I hear ya. I would just start a new thread in General Discussion, maybe with a comment about how it's time to bring it up again. Then I would edit the posts in the patch thread and say "redacted - physical goods discussion moved to [link]."

I dig you about the Company thread not getting as much traffic/attention. Bear in mind that the red names are up to their ass, so it's going to be hard to get a response in any case.

Best of luck and thanks again. Z

shaigunjoe
Explorer

Post by shaigunjoe » October 14th, 2014, 6:13 pm

Drool wrote:
I think it would, why the hell hasn't it shipped is a lot better than wondering if they have even been produced.

shaigunjoe
Explorer

Post by shaigunjoe » October 14th, 2014, 6:15 pm

cunningandvalor
Scholar

Post by cunningandvalor » October 14th, 2014, 6:21 pm

Ah, excellent. Actual information. Thank you ShaigunJoe.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » October 14th, 2014, 6:50 pm

I moved it here because it belongs here. This is a question of company feedback, so I put it in the feedback forum. Which, incidentally, is quite closely watched by the "reds" because it tends to have very important and time-critical posts in it. As opposed to the second busiest forum where it's just as likely to be buried.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

phobos2077
Novice

Post by phobos2077 » October 14th, 2014, 8:34 pm

I just received an email from inXile that the large boxed copies have started shipping right now. It says 1-2 weeks for North America/Europe... I wonder how much time it will take to arrive to Krasnoyarsk (in the middle of Siberia)

CD-ROM
Initiate

Post by CD-ROM » October 14th, 2014, 11:25 pm

I just received the email, too. I live in DC, though, so I should hopefully get it in a couple of weeks.

UncleSporky
Scholar

Post by UncleSporky » October 15th, 2014, 3:50 am

Yeah, it's good to hear that some boxes have started shipping. I figured we'd get them when we get them, so not too big a deal if they're a bit later than expected. I'd say this is pretty reasonable, not too far off the release of the game itself to getting the window dressing as well.

Thrin
Explorer

Post by Thrin » October 15th, 2014, 7:18 am

Has there been any real explanation as to why the physical copies were delayed?

I haven't been paying much attention (my copy is digital) but it strikes me as ridiculous (in a bad way) that the physical copies would be so late to arrive. What happened?

sbock
Novice

Post by sbock » October 15th, 2014, 8:45 am

Thrin wrote:Has there been any real explanation as to why the physical copies were delayed?

I haven't been paying much attention (my copy is digital) but it strikes me as ridiculous (in a bad way) that the physical copies would be so late to arrive. What happened?
It is indeed ridiculous. This is the official statement:
While everyone can and hopefully is playing Wasteland 2 now with their Steam or GOG keys from the Ranger Center, we've been awaiting timelines from Deep Silver on physical shipping. Because they assembled different elements from different locations in the world and generally used slower shipping, the timeline of physical goods was much longer than we anticipated. As it is looking now, our timeline will be:
- The first batch of physical goods will be standard boxes only, shipped on the 3rd week of this month. These will go out to backers receiving only the standard box.
- Batches of physical goods including the metal Collector's Edition box will ship next and we'll announce a more precise time as soon as we have it.

Deep Silver will ship them with general post shipping (without tracking). We will keep you informed as we get more info on the specific batches shipping out.

We apologize this process took longer than we'd planned or hoped for at the outset. Unfortunately, things outside of our control made it take longer than anticipated. We will do our utmost to ensure you get your physical goods as soon as is possible and in good order.
"You guys are my new boss after all" - Brian Fargo

Thrin
Explorer

Post by Thrin » October 15th, 2014, 8:40 pm

sbock wrote: It is indeed ridiculous. This is the official statement:
So... incompetence?

Seems like they had shipping containers get stuck in customs or in rough seas or some such which is a lack of understanding of International shipping. But I suspect that's being generous.

It really just seems like they forgot about this game and then rushed to get all the physical items collected. They had so much time to do it in. Months upon months of delays to ship out the game and they didn't even bother to get all their ducks in a row?

I guess it really was incompetence. At least that's how their "official statement" reads. That's brutal for everyone who supported this game and this company.

Has inXile at least done anything by way of an apology? I mean these are some of who were their strongest supporters.

Tets
Master

Post by Tets » October 16th, 2014, 7:16 am

Got my box today. Should i open it? :D

Not sure :D

sear
Developer

Post by sear » October 16th, 2014, 9:19 am

To give you guys an update:

The first batch of standard large boxes shipped Monday. Some people will start to see them arrive today depending on their location (my guess is that Europeans will get them first due to the location of Deep Silver's warehouse).

The other physical rewards (Collector's Editions, signed CEs, Doomsday Kits, etc.) we do not yet have a firm date for just yet. The individual parts were manufactured at different locations worldwide. As a result, they need to be shipped to a central location for packaging/assembly, and then shipped back to Deep Silver for distribution. We will get you guys more info as soon as we possibly can.

shaigunjoe
Explorer

Post by shaigunjoe » October 16th, 2014, 10:25 am

Tets wrote:Got my box today. Should i open it? :D

Not sure :D
Awesome man? Where do you live?