Soundtrack confusion

For all feedback on inXile's websites, company, forums and on pledges.
EvilSquirrel
Initiate

Soundtrack confusion

Post by EvilSquirrel » September 20th, 2014, 10:31 am

I pledged on KS for the Torment + Wasteland 2 package, which (according to the text) did not include the soundtracks. When I redeemed the Steam key, I noticed that even the base package supposedly includes the soundtrack, but after downloading the game, there is no soundtrack in the game's directory. I also noted that on the new Torment website, where we can manage our pledges, there are separate rewards for the Wasteland 2 and Torment soundtracks; I have added them using my spare points, but I see no way to redeem/download the W2 soundtrack. So I'm a bit confused here... How do I get the soundtrack? If I choose it as a reward am I getting it twice?

sear
Developer

Re: Soundtrack confusion

Post by sear » September 22nd, 2014, 6:49 pm

Not sure what you're seeing. You should have got a Standard key, which does not come with the OST...

EvilSquirrel
Initiate

Post by EvilSquirrel » September 22nd, 2014, 9:02 pm

As I said, that's what I was expecting (no soundtrack) but on Steam this is what is listed for the base edition:

Classic Edition
A free copy of Wasteland 1 - The Original Classic.
Mark Morgan's Wasteland 2 original sound track in digital format.
An incredible digital concept art book showcasing many of the world's characters and environments.

Is the description simply wrong? I just didn't want to spend reward points on the same thing twice...

Oh and btw just saw this appear in the soundtrack reward description:
Note: coming soon, we're working on it.
So that answers that question at least :)

sear
Developer

Post by sear » September 25th, 2014, 9:20 pm

The base edition on Steam is the Classic edition. Kickstarter backers get a Standard edition SKU which is just the game only, and is not actually for sale anywhere.

I emailed everyone due a Wasteland 2 soundtrack key a few days ago with their codes, and the key request feature is now live on the Torment site for those who got it as a Torment add-on.

EvilSquirrel
Initiate

Post by EvilSquirrel » September 26th, 2014, 5:28 am

Kickstarter backers get a Standard edition SKU which is just the game only, and is not actually for sale anywhere.
Ah, that's what I was thinking. Many thanks for clarifying this.