Struggling with the Loading Dock?

Discussion for the second and final expansion to Wasteland 3.
lchatzipetrakos
Initiate

Am I the only one getting decimated by the proto drools on the side door in the loading dock. Am I missing something?
Dork Mage
Scholar
badge image for 5p2s6t.png
badge image for 3rz1is.png
badge image for ijw2ib.png

Playing at SJ I didn't see any way to combat the proto-drools so I cheesed it by letting one ranger die by opening the tumor door and then having another ranger activate the nitrogen pump and crane.

Is there some trick to the drools? Don't know.
mspaetauf
Initiate

I am massively struggeling with this fight.

Activated the crane and the nitrogen thingy.

Still, I have to fight in one go from beginning to end, and while I made it to the last room in a decent way (although lost 1 ranger permanently), from then on it was game over. Since you cannot run over the big mutant in the last room, and there are 3 vents in the middle room and 3 in last, I had no way to end it quickly and just died to the masses of enemies.

Also it sucks that it is all one fight. I cannot even adjust my quickslot items (which in general I think is a good thing but not in a fight like this).

Stupid, annoying and sucked the fun right out of the game for me :/

Also because it takes forever I don't want to play it again.
Dork Mage
Scholar
badge image for 5p2s6t.png
badge image for 3rz1is.png
badge image for ijw2ib.png

I changed tactics and it's not that bad, even on SJ... but also depends on how well equipped your ranges are. Most of my rangers have maxed out charisma so they have a called shot after 3 shots. Use the called shots to one-shot the spawned blobs. One of my AR rangers has a ripper with HE-linkage with a +8 barrel and a -1 AP magazine. The main blob doesn't last long against the ripper.
PJSleaze
Initiate

As I posted elsewhere - I managed the crane, the nitrogen pumps, only to be undone by my own slicer dicer that would stand in doorways and never move, blocking my vehicles. I finally ended up shooting it, but too little too late.

Return to “Wasteland 3: Cult of the Holy Detonation”