I feel your pain. I was excited about this game and bought it for my friend's birthday so we could play co op (PS4).
We've played for about 5 hours over 2 days and so far the vast majority of that time has been spent frustratingly dealing with issues including:
- Infinite loading (for one or both of us)
- Having to re-create characters upwards of 6 times because game gets stuck during or right after the process (in main HQ recruitment especially)
- Desync where the connecting player can't perform any actions
- Getting stuck in conversations on basic "press x to continue" button prompts
- Various animations not syncing during combat (this isn't a huge deal, relatively speaking)
This is really frustrating considering this is a $60 game that's been out for over half a year. This makes Cyberpunk 2077 seem polished.
I know this game is ambitious and I can appreciate that adding multiplayer to a project like this isn't easy, but this feels utterly untested and almost completely unplayable (at least the PS4 version).
Are these issues being worked on? Is this Bill Gates trying to pwn Playstation owners? What's going on here?
There was a patch recently that is said to have addressed some of these issues, so I can only imagine how much worse it was before the patch.
Is there another patch planned soon? Any timeframe or roadmap for us to look forward to?
I really like this game and want to be able to enjoy it, but this is like eating chocolate with broken lightbulb topping.