PS4: Coop disconnects

Forum for reporting Bugs in the PC version of Wasteland 3. Please refer to our stickied Bug Forum guidelines before posting.
voodoo
Initiate

A friend and I bought Wasteland 3 for the PS4 to play together. We play various games together, e.g. Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Aliennation, Divinity Original Sin and have no serious problems despite his relatively poor internet connection. Every now and then it stutters or has other lags. But in Wasteland 3 we instantly fly out of the game. Playing together is actually not possible.

You should not set your timeout so sharp that at the slightest fluctuation of the line someone flies out of the game. We ran about 30 trials over a period of weeks. In the meantime we gave up, which makes us very sad. Because we think Wasteland 3 could be a super game.
voodoo
Initiate

And of course both of us have type2 NAT connections.
maxxgolbraykh
Initiate

I feel your pain. I was excited about this game and bought it for my friend's birthday so we could play co op (PS4).

We've played for about 5 hours over 2 days and so far the vast majority of that time has been spent frustratingly dealing with issues including:

- Infinite loading (for one or both of us)
- Having to re-create characters upwards of 6 times because game gets stuck during or right after the process (in main HQ recruitment especially)
- Desync where the connecting player can't perform any actions
- Getting stuck in conversations on basic "press x to continue" button prompts
- Various animations not syncing during combat (this isn't a huge deal, relatively speaking)

This is really frustrating considering this is a $60 game that's been out for over half a year. This makes Cyberpunk 2077 seem polished.
I know this game is ambitious and I can appreciate that adding multiplayer to a project like this isn't easy, but this feels utterly untested and almost completely unplayable (at least the PS4 version).
Are these issues being worked on? Is this Bill Gates trying to pwn Playstation owners? What's going on here?

There was a patch recently that is said to have addressed some of these issues, so I can only imagine how much worse it was before the patch.
Is there another patch planned soon? Any timeframe or roadmap for us to look forward to?

I really like this game and want to be able to enjoy it, but this is like eating chocolate with broken lightbulb topping.

:cry: :evil: :x

Return to “Wasteland 3: Console Bug Report Forum”