Wrong damage values [1.4.1]

Forum for reporting Bugs in the PC version of Wasteland 3. Please refer to our stickied Bug Forum guidelines before posting.
zczczc1680
Initiate

Offensive abilities deal fixed damage(before armor) which equals to the number of percentage.

For example:
Sucker puch deals 50 damage(-%50 modifier)
precise strike aiming head deals 175 damage instead of 175%(an assault rifle deals 175*3 = 525 damage which is broken)
center mass deals 66 damage(-%33 modifier)
bleeding strike deals 200 dagamge
etc.

obviously a bug
KirillKW
Initiate

Hi. Exactly, confirm.
This problem appeared in the patch 1.4.1. I had not got this problem in 1.4.0. on the same savings.
Incorrect damage values appeared while using most of offensive abilities.
Hence, in case the aim armor equals to or less 1, the percent provided for a perk is indicated.
And with an armor >1 - this percent is changing in accordance with the damage reduction rules with a low armor penetration provided by the game.

Regards, gamers...
sear
Developer
badge image for 4o80c0.png

Hey folks, any chance you can help us by providing a save file to test this with? I cannot reproduce the problem in our internal builds right now, but I'm wondering if there's more specific combinations of characters, weapons, etc. that yield these results - or it's already been addressed since 1.4.1 was cooked.

Thanks!
zczczc1680
Initiate

sear wrote: July 9th, 2021, 3:26 pm Hey folks, any chance you can help us by providing a save file to test this with? I cannot reproduce the problem in our internal builds right now, but I'm wondering if there's more specific combinations of characters, weapons, etc. that yield these results - or it's already been addressed since 1.4.1 was cooked.

Thanks!

For testing I started a brand new game, everything looked fine during intro(so no problem with tier1 weapons + characters without any perk).
But as I arrived ranger HQ, I tested the "center mass" ability of Kwon with his default weapon: on shooting at a razorback, each bullet deals fixed 85 damage, which equals to 66 * 1.3 (+30% from sneaky shit). This reproduces the bug I mentioned.

I am willing to upload my save but I don't know how

additional info:
initial characters: yuri and spence. DIfficulty: rookie.
Game progress: after intro, Kwon joined team, have not left HQ yet.
Squad: yuri and spence both level 3, no perk, initial weapon, initial attributes; Kwon level 4, initial perk, initial weapon.
Behavior:
1. center mass of kwon's initial weapon against razorback or the robot in workshop: bugged.
2. precise strike from yuri's assault rifle against razorback: damage seems correct.
3. precise strike from yuri's assault rifle against robot in workshot: bugged.
4. after leaving HQ, precise strike from yuri's assault rifle against dorsy: bugged.

I don't get it, what makes razorback differnt from that robot? Things would be much clearer if the player can see the whole process how damage are calculated. For example from dice roll to damage amplification/reduction, like Pillars of Eternity IIRC, but in this game the situation is more complicated with several multiplicative sources of damage manipulation, and it is not clear wether some creature have innate damage reduction.
Metamort
Initiate

sear wrote: July 9th, 2021, 3:26 pm Hey folks, any chance you can help us by providing a save file to test this with? I cannot reproduce the problem in our internal builds right now, but I'm wondering if there's more specific combinations of characters, weapons, etc. that yield these results - or it's already been addressed since 1.4.1 was cooked.

Thanks!
I'm seeing this as well, or at least, wrong damage values with many skills. With my sniper rifle, on "risky shot" even though my sniper supposedly did over 250 damage, risky shot was hitting for less than 100. I'm also having a problem with the rail gun on the kodiak. Instead of hitting for over 400 damage, it's hitting for 80, on all targets regardless of armor.

I believe its happening for trick shot on my gunslinger also.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/b14c93bt ... 1.xml/file (this save doesn't have risky shot easily demonstrable because i have a new sniper rifle without it, but im sure you could find one to buy)
Jubeto
Initiate

I was playing during the weekend and was hyped about my sniper getting a Red Dragon -rifle with risky shot on it. The risky shot crits for 20 dmg. For comparison a regular attack with a non critical hit against same target does around 150. This happens with SMG risky shots aswell.
Also my melee characters Stunning Blow does barely any damage at all. Half of my party relies on these abilities to do good damage so I hope this gets fixed soon.
Last edited by Jubeto on July 12th, 2021, 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Metamort
Initiate

Jubeto wrote: July 12th, 2021, 6:05 am I was playing during the weekend and was hyped about my sniper getting a Red Dragon -rifle with risky shot on it. The risky shot crits for 20 dmg. For comparison a regular attack with a non critical hit against same target does around 150. This happens with SMG risky shots aswell.
Also my melee characters Stunning Blow does barely any damage at all. Half of my party relies on these abilities to do good damage so I hope this gets fixed soon.
Yeah my gunslinger is crippled by this. Trick shot, precision shot, and unload / risky shot are all broken, and ideally i would use all of those in a round with her 12 action points. At level 22 the damage disparity is insane. Honestly probably will play a different game until they fix this because it's just less fun when half the interesting combat skills are useless.
KirillKW
Initiate

Thanks!
Hi, sorry for delay. But the question is how to upload? Or by email?

Game:
steam version,
the game is set up again,
a new game was created,
difficulty level is normal or ranger.
while developing the persons and getting access to the guns/perks with offensive abilities I have a wrong damage calculation mentioned above in my previous message.

Br, Kirill
Last edited by KirillKW on July 12th, 2021, 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tit0s
Initiate

Still broken in 1.4.5 and does not appear in the known issues tracker. Any updates on ETA for a fix?
Metamort
Initiate

this issue has been around for over a month and still no fix? :?
Lordofdepression
Initiate

I've been posting about this since a month ago, several people has been saying the same thing. I've posted pictures to show the bug and there's no reply. And now not only it's not yet fixed, the developers hasn't even noticed that the problem existed?

Wow, that's really disappointing. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm sorry if there's any offense given, but this is really frustrating because it means it will take another months for this issue to be fixed, and even then if the developers actually caught up on to this issue.
Lordofdepression
Initiate

Here's pictures that I took one month ago, which the developers didn't address then. I have assumed then that developers had known about this issue and thus warrant no response, but to know that not only it's not been fixed, is kinda heartbreaking. Sadly I have no save files as I have deleted them all as I was in mid campaign and the wonky damage made me feel that I should just restart a new one after the issue is fixed, but I'm sure I can post one if needed be as it is a universal problem.

https://imgur.com/vP6HUbG
That's my normal Attack damage Range

https://imgur.com/a7pdj2w
That's my Center Mass damage Range

https://imgur.com/uEiNvHm
Using normal attack, 2 misses, and one crit, causing 36 damage.

https://imgur.com/emCJvAC
Using Center Mass, with the same character on the same enemy, 3 shot hits each dealing non critical 66 damage.
Mrsalt
Initiate

I d like to corroborate that i also face this issue. Dont really understand whats going on until i see this thread
Early game, all abilities one shot enemies.
Late game, doesnt even make a dent.
This applies to enemies as well. Early game a lot of times enemy gunslingers would oneshot my tankiest character (best heavy armor + armor quirk).

This affects most abilities and precision strikes.

Could somebody from the dev team please confirm that they are working on this? I would classify this as the biggest bug affecting the game right now, and a major one at that.

This, after exactly 1 year into the game release, does not reflect well at all.

The game itself is great otherwise. Im not buying the dlc / start another playthru until this is addressed however
sear
Developer
badge image for 4o80c0.png

Just writing to say we're aware of this issue, and it should be fixed in an upcoming patch!

Return to “Wasteland 3: PC Bug Report Forum”