Hard Knox Life quest bugged

Forum for reporting Bugs in the PC version of Wasteland 3. Please refer to our stickied Bug Forum guidelines before posting.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

pencilneck
Initiate

Hard Knox Life quest bugged

Post by pencilneck »

I'm at the last(?) step of the Hard Knox Life quest, "Report back to the ranchers at Knox Bison Ranch." I've killed the vermin and need to report back to the head rancher. But I don't see the head rancher anymore. I think he might have died during the fight with the Scar Collectors.

So what do I do now? The quest can't be finished.
jsabrewulf
Initiate

Re: Hard Knox Life quest bugged

Post by jsabrewulf »

I'm having exactly the same problem - when I complete it and go back to speak to the 'Head Rancher' - he just says that he'll keep out of your way - even though the scar collectors are all dead :/
JayFef
Initiate

Post by JayFef »

I have the same issue where the head rancher starts the Hard Knox Life quest over from the beginning after killing the vermin. Talking to him again just has him waiting for me to kill the Scar Collectors, so the quest gets locked out. I'm playing the PC version from GOG with the Meat Maker Marinade update installed.
Laxmatyi
Initiate

Post by Laxmatyi »

Same problem on PS4. Can't complete quest after killing frogs.
Mattonomicon
Developer

Post by Mattonomicon »

@OP - please report bugs in the appropriate PC or Console Bug report forum so we can see clearly who is reporting what. In the meantime, I'll add this to our internal list of tracked issues.

For those who may be experiencing this on PC, I would ask that you try to grab your recent save and player log and then submit those to us along with a link to this thread, through our Support Site: https://inxile.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Wasteland 3 save location:
C:\Users\yourname\docs\my games\wasteland3

Player log:
C:\Users\yourname\AppData\LocalLow\InxileEntertainment\Wasteland
Jerimee
Initiate

Post by Jerimee »

Your request (16225) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.

But note that zendesk says to report bugs here, in forums. You know, like the meme with all the spidermans pointing in a circle at each other...

Thanks for ongoing support and bug fixes; the game is good!
Mattonomicon
Developer

Post by Mattonomicon »

Jerimee wrote: January 7th, 2021, 11:06 am Your request (16225) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.

But note that zendesk says to report bugs here, in forums. You know, like the meme with all the spidermans pointing in a circle at each other...

Thanks for ongoing support and bug fixes; the game is good!
Apologies for the back and forth, Jerimee - we typically try to refer first time bugs to be reported in the forums; however, in the case of specific issues we're requesting more information for, we may direct you back to the support portal. Of note, we've received your submitted information and are passing this along to our devs. Thanks very much!
heyzeus99
Initiate

Post by heyzeus99 »

Had a similar problem, so I reloaded a save (save from after taking out the frogs), talked to the ranch leader at which point he presented the same dialogue option from when I first entered (this was my bug), this time choose "too busy/don't help", and the next time I talked to the ranch leader the proper dialogue occurred and I finished the quest.
Mattonomicon
Developer

Post by Mattonomicon »

@ Jerimee; the save you sent us helped us resolve this - thank you very much!

Incoming patch 1.3 note will read as follows: Resolved a blocker in the Hard Knox Life quest where the Head Rancher would restart the quest rather than allow completion. We’re aware of some oddness that can still occur during this quest and are looking to clean it up in a future update.
viracocha8
Initiate

Post by viracocha8 »

WORKAROUND:
After killing Scar Collectors DON'T pick up or open anything, just talk to Ranch Leader. If he is stuck at any point, just refuse or postpone Scar Collector mission AFTER killing them and kill vermins mission should activate and Ranch should complete. Then you can collect everything.
Mattonomicon
Developer

Post by Mattonomicon »

viracocha8 wrote: January 17th, 2021, 9:34 am WORKAROUND:
After killing Scar Collectors DON'T pick up or open anything, just talk to Ranch Leader. If he is stuck at any point, just refuse or postpone Scar Collector mission AFTER killing them and kill vermins mission should activate and Ranch should complete. Then you can collect everything.
Thanks for posting that!

Return to “Wasteland 3: PC Bug Report Forum”