Pro Patriarch ending is... strange

Discuss the story & quests of Wasteland 3. Please avoid spoilers in subject lines.
Juris
Scholar

Sided with the patriarch - fought the rebels at Ranger HQ. Got to the brig - Hope Emerson was shot and dying, and all the Patriarch's kids were executed in their cells. Okay.

Then after arresting Angie, the Patriarch is delighted. What? Angie just executed his kids, and he doesn't have anything to say about that? Shouldn't Angie at least taunt him or something?

Nothing about this in the ending slides either. It seems like this should be a big deal.
Pvt Kobold
Acolyte

Juris wrote: July 26th, 2021, 1:07 pm Sided with the patriarch - fought the rebels at Ranger HQ. Got to the brig - Hope Emerson was shot and dying, and all the Patriarch's kids were executed in their cells. Okay.

Then after arresting Angie, the Patriarch is delighted. What? Angie just executed his kids, and he doesn't have anything to say about that? Shouldn't Angie at least taunt him or something?

Nothing about this in the ending slides either. It seems like this should be a big deal.
I also had this happen I just assumed it was because low ranger loyalty cause it’s hard to tell what that’s at
Sister Nancy Gaming
Juris
Scholar

Agree - Ranger loyalty is one of those weird hidden things I really wish wasn't so hidden.

Not that I'm complaining it actually makes for a better ending - the kids are all dead so the Patriarch has to rely upon the Rangers more.
Pvt Kobold wrote: July 26th, 2021, 2:41 pm

I also had this happen I just assumed it was because low ranger loyalty cause it’s hard to tell what that’s at
Pvt Kobold
Acolyte

Juris wrote: July 26th, 2021, 3:04 pm Agree - Ranger loyalty is one of those weird hidden things I really wish wasn't so hidden.

Not that I'm complaining it actually makes for a better ending - the kids are all dead so the Patriarch has to rely upon the Rangers more.
Pvt Kobold wrote: July 26th, 2021, 2:41 pm

True but I hate how liberty doesn’t get special ending slides when she’s dead but gets them when Alive. Vic died after escaping cause I recruited him but I remember Sergei knocked him out so idk how to keep him alive if you recruit him. I sided with the Gippers so the game acknowledged val was dead.
Sister Nancy Gaming

Return to “Wasteland 3: Story & Quests”