Canon Ending from W2 Discussion

Discuss the story & quests of Wasteland 3. Please avoid spoilers in subject lines.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Juris
Scholar

Canon Ending from W2 Discussion

Post by Juris »

So, apparently there was an canon ending from W2

So Vargas died. Probably safe to assume he sacrificed himself at the end like a big hero. Woodson took over - so he got back from LA somehow

Angela Deth immediately came back from LA (somehow) and got sent to CO on the first bus but then went rogue

The Mannerites expanded into CO so it seems like they did well at Angel Oracle (there's a high profile Mannerite NPC). Nothing about cannibalism either so apparently they gave that up

Tinker survived but was almost killed - so seems like Demonta was saved

Anything else?

How did Titan Canyon resolve? What about Hollywood?

canyonaz
Initiate

Re: Canon Ending from W2 Discussion

Post by canyonaz »

The peace between the factions in Hollywood was long lasting. I don't think we know if it is current, but there isn't a reason to believe it wasn't.

Scotchmo believes he was present when the Rangers HQ was destroyed. With other characters, I would probably say that confirmed them being there, but you never know with that guy.

I think some things are implied by the fact that NaCl Wolfe survived and expanded his organization (bigger than the group he travels with to Colorado Springs).

I can't cite the specific reason because I don't remember the line, but something was said that implied Woodson's return to Arizona was immediate, too.
Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool »

Juris wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 2:39 pmHow did Titan Canyon resolve? What about Hollywood?
Judging from how cranky Gary is, I'm guessing the missile wasn't sent to the Diamondback Militia.
Alwa nasci korliri das.
Cipher
Scholar

Post by Cipher »

Drool wrote: September 4th, 2020, 1:34 pm
Juris wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 2:39 pmHow did Titan Canyon resolve? What about Hollywood?
Judging from how cranky Gary is, I'm guessing the missile wasn't sent to the Diamondback Militia.
Quite the opposite. He said he's an ex-ranger and that , had they listened to him , they could have gotten better results than nuking themselves. So I guess the canon ending is Team Echo sent the missile to Saddler.

I hope some Inxile staffer can give us a full list of canonic endings from the previous chapter
Parja
Initiate

Post by Parja »

He's not cranky, he's salty. :D
Cipher
Scholar

Post by Cipher »

Parja wrote: September 5th, 2020, 6:32 am
He's not cranky, he's salty. :D
You're gonna get A-Salted!
Juris
Scholar

Post by Juris »

Canon update:

Random radio message as you're driving around - peace between God's Militia and Hollywood

The real question - Ag Center or Highpool?
AussieLurker
Initiate

Post by AussieLurker »

I also wanf to know if the canon ending is Ag Centre or Highpool. I also want to know about the Red Skorpion Militia, Darwin Village, the Rail Nomads & Demonta.
Cipher
Scholar

Post by Cipher »

There is also a message from the Red Skorpion Militia which threats to kick your face over and over again. I guess they got wiped or something?
Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool »

Cipher wrote: September 7th, 2020, 2:24 am There is also a message from the Red Skorpion Militia which threats to kick your face over and over again. I guess they got wiped or something?
Yeah, which annoyed me because I always went through the extra hoops to make peace with them.
Alwa nasci korliri das.
Juris
Scholar

Post by Juris »

Update: Pistol Pete, and Takayuki are with Angie at the end so that establishes canon. Sochmo confuses Iron Cordite for Lex and asks him about his speech impediment. So that's 3 canon results (Rodia liberated with guns blazing, Leve L'Upe mine saved)

Of course Pizepi so Darwin village saved.

Re: Ag Center vs. Highpool - one of the stock playable characters is from the Ag Center. Seems to imply Ag Center was saved.
Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool »

Juris wrote: September 8th, 2020, 12:37 pmSo that's 3 canon results (Rodia liberated with guns blazing, Leve L'Upe mine saved)
Likewise, Tinker's dialog implies that Damota was saved in a rather messy fashion.
Alwa nasci korliri das.
canyonaz
Initiate

Post by canyonaz »

Juris wrote: September 8th, 2020, 12:37 pm Re: Ag Center vs. Highpool - one of the stock playable characters is from the Ag Center. Seems to imply Ag Center was saved.
People mention that Arizona's water problems have gotten worse, so that ties into an implication that Ag Center was saved instead of Highpool.
Big Whispers
Initiate

Post by Big Whispers »

It's often canon in role-playng games with choice not to be too specific on the canon, it's a company choice, though.
DexGames
Novice

Post by DexGames »

FIRST : PIZEPI IS THE BEST ! PIZEPI WASTELAND 4 MIDWAY COMPANION (so happy inXile brought, specifically, her back)

About Angel's Oracle cannibalism problem : you're supposed to have made them give up on that.
Tinker : Glad she survived. I felt in love with her Wasteland 2 concept art, (synth, with a christian cross : and a so fucking good looking one)

Felt like she should have become a fully fledged companion, (missed opportunity for me).
(an iconic synth companion in the wasteland universe, IS a missed opportunity for me)
Stuurminator
Scholar

Post by Stuurminator »

Cipher wrote: September 4th, 2020, 4:38 pm
Drool wrote: September 4th, 2020, 1:34 pmJudging from how cranky Gary is, I'm guessing the missile wasn't sent to the Diamondback Militia.
Quite the opposite. He said he's an ex-ranger and that , had they listened to him , they could have gotten better results than nuking themselves. So I guess the canon ending is Team Echo sent the missile to Saddler.
Assuming he's telling the truth, anyway. He struck me as someone willing to stretch the truth for his own benefit. I never got the chance to hire him in WL2, though, so I'm happy to be proven wrong by someone more knowledgeable about him.
Cipher
Scholar

Post by Cipher »

Stuurminator wrote: September 19th, 2020, 10:54 am Assuming he's telling the truth, anyway. He struck me as someone willing to stretch the truth for his own benefit. I never got the chance to hire him in WL2, though, so I'm happy to be proven wrong by someone more knowledgeable about him.
Which is sad. Because Gary is such an awesome character with macho humour. His dubber did it all. The new dubber in ws3 can't even reach the old's awesomeness
belsirk
Novice

Post by belsirk »

Juris wrote: September 8th, 2020, 12:37 pm
Re: Ag Center vs. Highpool - one of the stock playable characters is from the Ag Center. Seems to imply Ag Center was saved.
Yeah, and one of your backgrounds are also Ag Center.
Deth and manerrites on Colorado are not surprise. On the second game there is evidence that some of them were able to reach Arizona after all.
MihaLbl4
Novice

Post by MihaLbl4 »

Faran Brygo: las vegas destroyed by robots during the wasteland 2.
(Needles and quartz probably too).

red scorpions:

"Your days are numbered, Desert Rangers! The Red Skorpion Militia... wipe you out! Danforth... just the beginning!"
"You got nothing left! Your f**g Citadel... But we're still here, and we haven't forgotten what you done."
"You can't hold out forever. Won't be long... on your knees. Then you're gonna f**g pay... Tick tock... tick tock..."

We kill Danforth? O_o
Stuurminator
Scholar

Post by Stuurminator »

MihaLbl4 wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 5:53 pmWe kill Danforth? O_o
We don't know what they were about to say in regards to Danforth, so I don't think we can assume he's alive or dead. Anyway, we can't even be sure the Red Skorpions hate the rangers now - that radio call may have been from a splinter offshoot for all we know.

Return to “Wasteland 3: Story & Quests”