Hey, thanks for the kind words! And like i already replied on reddit:Inftje wrote: ↑March 15th, 2022, 3:59 am Hi,
thank you for this post, it helped me a lot getting into WL3.
I mostly followed your builds but made some adjustments (or plan to).
- I will probably make the handgunner a sniper by using the points in weird science for Sniper skill, at least up until end of midgame. Might respec after that
- I was unsure first but I totally get why you don't play with pets. Taking the buff but not having the pet feels a bit like cheating though, not sure if I want to do that.
And another small question: Why not talk to Flab in bizarre? Is there something that you get locked out of if you do his mission?
- Why did you pick Ironclad over Scotchmo? The only advantage I see is access to cyborg stuff (if I take the combat shooting skillbook) and something at Yuma (don't know yet). Scotchmo seems to be a better damage dealer, so without being spiled about Yuma it's really only cyborg technology on Ironclad while having combat shooting on another char. Does this outweigh Scotchmos damage potential?
1. Sure go ahead. The builds are not meant to be followed 100%, just there for orientation. If you like a sniper in your party, go ahead.
2. Sure thing. I do it b/c i assume the pets being on a 'passive' mode that i even requested a long while ago on the forums
3. This is very much down to personal choice. I even rated both NPCs the same in the NPC section. I use Ironclad a bit more defensive than my other brawler, thus i dont miss Scotchmos quirk. But if you want to use a more offensive brawler and dont mind missing out on cyborg perks (and the fantastic Adrenal Enhancers) then go with Scotchmo
4. Hm, i remember that some kind of timer starts when talking to Flab and get his Bizarre main quest. I dont wanna do that yet b/c i often do Gett Homestead and Monster Bunker first for example. But maybe it isnt a problem actually to talk to Flab already ...
Actually, i also think i am used to go with Cordite b/c i used that squad before retraining NPCs was possible and Cordite has much better base stats (attributes and skills) than Scotchmo. Its fairly hard to fit the latter in w/out respeccing.